Lowell Chasing a (non) debt from 3G

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In late 2005 I got a phone with 3G. It was on an 18 month contract, and shortly aftert he 18 months had elapsed I wrote to them to cancel. I cancelled the direct debit a few weeks after that, and all was well until about six months ago...

I got a letter from Lowell stating they had brought a debt, and that they want £312.62 off me. I promptly wrote back telling they to prove it or stfu (or words to that effect). I asked for a copy of a contract or agreement, however yesterday a few statements arrived from Lowell with a covering letter demanding payment (yeah it took 6 months!!!).

Furthermore, not only do the statements cover a period when I was out of the 18 month contract, but after I had written to then to cancel the service.

On that basis I’m sending another letter:

Dear Ms Barnard

Your Reference No: ******

Thank you for you letter dated 19th July 2010. I do not believe I owe any money to either 3G Mobile or to you. Although you have sent me statements showing an outstanding balance, all those statements relate to periods when I had no contract or agreement of any kind with 3G Mobile.

I previously advised you that if you had evidence to the contrary, you must allow me sight of it, at which time I will give your claim due consideration.

If you wish to pursue your claim against me you must produce a copy of a contract or agreement signed by me, and in force for the period for which your claim relates.

Please send this documentation to me within seven days of the date of this letter. If you are unable to comply with this you must write to me within seven days to advise whether or not you wish to pursue this matter. If you do wish to pursue it, what information you propose to disclose in order to prove this debt exists.

Yours sincerely

Mr.H

I have no intention of messing around requesting SAR’s and fronting money I may not get back. As far as I’m concerned I don’t owe any money, if they think otherwise they can prove it and I’ll happily go to Court if that’s where they want to go.

With this in mind does anyone thing there’s anything missing, or is there good reason for taking an alternative stance?

Edited by Mr. H