vauxhall unhelpful

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Car taken in for repair not happy but separate issue........needed to make use of a courtesy car........the insurance document to use their insurance reads the Excess is £1000,but for £12.50 a day the £1000 will be wavered,anybody else seen anything like this before..................FS

£1000 a bit steep but as Boro said it is standard practice. Basically the dealer takes a punt by charging you a waiver charge which goes into an account which is used for paying excess amounts as and when required. In reality, the excess amount is more likely to be £500 but they stipulate a higher amount to cover them if you have an accident.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Usually if you need to take a loan car off the garage whilst your's is under repair, you can ring your own insurance company up and have the hire car placed on your policy with the same cover as your own car (provided this is a comp policy or the garage won't even let it off their site with only 3rd party cover. :))

My vauxhall just 2 days out of warranty, ABS sensor fault, expensive to repair/replace through Vauxhall main agent.Vauxhall not interested as I did not use vauxhall garage for servicing or 1st MOT as you can imagine I am not best pleased .Vauxhall like most of our banks have little idea of the meaning of customer service,anybody had same problems with GM????????...FS

My vauxhall just 2 days out of warranty, ABS sensor fault, expensive to repair/replace through Vauxhall main agent.Vauxhall not interested as I did not use vauxhall garage for servicing or 1st MOT as you can imagine I am not best pleased .Vauxhall like most of our banks have little idea of the meaning of customer service,anybody had same problems with GM????????...FS

Customer service works both ways.

Can understand the frustration FS. Reality is it's a "high risk" part so most other manufactuers would not entertain a claim either. You could mitigate the cost by looking for the part through factors. It's usually an easy change to do as well and does not mean a visit to a main dealer..

I wouldn't count on it at the moment. Let's use this as a test to see if max "can walk the walk" so to speak. Frankly, in this case I think you will get a sympathy letter but as it's an early post from GM the OP could get lucky.