Pastdue and Scottish Power

pavidus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having already received a nasty from BCW for gas plus 35% admin charges, I now have a nasty from Pastdue for Electricity plus 35% admin charges! I am being charged for whatever utility use occured in the five weeks after I had moved out, they have quoted dates which are out to this effect. I have tried to speak to Scottish Power, I have told them that I am already in fuel poverty and can definitely not afford to be charged like this as I cannot afford the bill in the first place. The woman in the Social responsibilty Department said that I would have to ring debt collector!! She was not prepared to help at all. I have not had the bill from Scottish Power, nor was I offered it. For all I know the bill may have been run up after I left. I know I should have sorted out meter readings, but I was leaving in a hurry as my abusive ex had tracked me down.

Edited by pavidus
Dubious grammar

I wouldn't bother speaking to any of them on the phone.

They need to prove that you owe a debt, its not for you to prove that you dont.

If need be report them all to the relevant authorities.

I am going to send Scottish Power my new tenancy agreement so they can see date of move. Visiting CAB tommorrow to see if they will speak to Scottish Power on my behalf, perhaps they will have more luck than I did. I will not, however, be allowing CAB to speak to DCAs. At least not yet, I think I can send a letter stating that the debt is in dispute to them as dates are incorrect. Think they can't chase me until final bill from Scottish Power is resolved.

Hi pavidus

I can help you in this situation.

When you moved out of the property, did you inform SP of this and provide your forwarding address? If SP are not contacted with this information we will continue to bill you at this address as we have not been informed otherwise. If there is an outstanding balance on the account then our normal debt process takes place and the debt will be passed to an external debt collector if left long enough.

Your account will remain open until such time that we are notified that you are no longer the tenant. This normally happens when we are contacted by the new tenant to set up their account. When this happens, your account is closed to the date the new tenant moved in.

We can only accurately bill you if you provide the information that we require, i.e. move out date, final meter reading, forwarding address.

I appreciate that your move out may have been rushed and it can be easy to forgot to close all relevant accounts. If you want me to look into your account to check the dates that we are billing you for then send me a PM and I'll investigate for you.

If we are billing you for a period past the date you moved out, I will do my best to return the debt to SP, if we can agree on a payment arrangement for the correct outstanding balance.

I hope this information helps.

Kind Regards

Colin @ ScottishPower

I have sent Scottish Power a PM as am hoping very much to get this problem resolved without the DCAs involvement. Thanks for your offer of assistance. Will post on further developments.

Colin at Scottish Power has retreived the debt from Pastdue and adjusted the bill. I will be paying this debt for the amount which I did owe to Scottish Power. I do not, however, need to worry about Pastdue or their over inflated admin charges now. Hooray.