Bakley

Somebody else on my credit report!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3668 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi I need help to know what to do with my problem. I have a twin sister with different initials. we both have bank accounts and mobile phone bills with the same banks and compaines but in different names. They are not joint accounts and we have no financial link. However, her name and all her details from each credit card, bank card, phone bill, mortgage, property valuation has shown up on my credit report so I can view everything she has got on her file!!! I contacted the banks and mobile phone companies through the instruction from Equifax, however they all said I should contact equifax as it is not their problem/fault. Their records say I do not have anyone else on my accounts and they are only registered to me.Its not that she is stopping me from gaining credit (although I dont know if this is the case) I am more concerened about it being illegal on the side of equifax as they have broken the data protection act etc. Unsure of what to do now. I have put an online dispute to equifax for each of the discrepancies on my account but they said I have to wait up to 28 days for anything to happen. Can I contact anyone else for help and advice as I dont knoe eo to talk to!

Please help if you can

Thankyou