You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• So I gather that you sent some parcels using DPD. They arrived in an apparently damaged state so that the items can't be used. The items were returned to you and you had to refund your customer. You are now out of pocket to the tune of the entire value of the items or at least the cost of repairs. You used DPD on some kind of account/credit system so that in principle you owe the money – but you are withholding the money because they didn't carry out their contractual obligations correctly and also they caused you loss. They are now threatening to sue you and they have sent you a letter of claim. I understand that you didn't take any photographs of the damaged parcels or of the items – on the basis that you weren't informed that that would be necessary. I understand also that you have had phone calls with them – but you probably have never recorded the courts so you have no evidence of what has been said. Is this all correct? You haven't told us what the items are and whether they are still in your possession. You haven't told us whether the damage to the items makes them a total loss or if they can be repaired. You haven't told us anything about values of the items or of the cost of repairs. We need this information. Also, I hope that you won't mind too much when I say that your failure to take photographs on the basis that nobody had told you to do it – shows a certain level of naïveté and your lack of evidence may become a problem if they do issue proceedings and you have to defend yourself. I suggest that it is axiomatic of any kind of dispute of this nature that you would start acquiring and storing evidence from the outset – and photographs are certainly going to be the minimum kind of evidence that you would require. You also haven't told us the value of the invoice sum which you are withholding. Although your post is pretty long, it seems to be pretty scant on some of the essential information. If you could please respond to these questions and then we will try to give you advice as to your position and the next step.
    • sar vanquis   sar express gifts cards.   too    
    • nothing about how you've bought tickets/ passes or paid for travel since the incident.   far too many repeats of you are a forign student on a visa etc etc    once at the start  once at the end   ......upon how a conviction would impact your visa..   you also need to outline wHY you resorted to it, being of little financial income that day as parents could no longer support you at the time.  
    • Hello and welcome to CAG. People should be along later.   I'm not an employment expert but I think that as you haven't been there for two years, there isn't a lot that you can do. Have you read up on the ACAS website on the rules for dismissal?   Best, HB
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3634 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

I did have a dmp with Harrington Brooks/all clear finance which I cancelled last month because they kept changing the dates they were paying my creditors and then I was getting letters saying they were gonna add charges etc (I fully understand how to claim back charges (am a bit of a pro hehe)) but my question now is about going it alone and sorting out the small piece of debt I have left....less than £2000 so wont take me long to pay!

Earlier I rang one of my debtors, thinking they would quite happily accept a request to set up a direct debit with them but the little twerp on the phone was sounding quite disgusted that I didnt have to the money to pay in full right there and then....live in the real world buddy, or is mummy still at home wiping your behind and clearing up all your own mess??..:evil:...

The offer I was willing to make was more than I was paying thru my dmp but he wanted to go thru a expenditure plan over the phone....I didnt do this coz basically I didnt want to! I then said I would write to them instead! He said they could do a 2 or 3 month plan....yeah I wish!!

Now I am looking for a template I can send to all my debtors saying along the lines of....I cancelled the agreement with the dmp but obviously I have other debts I need to pay aswell and can offer you this a month.....some of them will be paid within 6 months so me doing it myself is meaning they getpaid more and quicker!!!

I have written all my debts down with what I can pay each month to get me debt free within a year but I cant find a relevant template I can use to send to them.

Can anyone help out there please?

Cheers

FBD x

:D

Fatboydukey (FBD) = my big fat ginger tom :DI am of the fairer sex :razz:

HSBC - FBD 1st claim Bank charges Jan 07 = success

HSBC - FBD 2nd claim Bank charges June 08 = on hold

Lloyds - mums claim Bank charges June 08 = on hold

Lloyds PPI - mums claim June 08 = Got back PPI now fighting for interest

Citi loan PPI - FBD June 08 = WON!!!!

Citi cards - FBD Credit card charges June 08 = ongoing

Skycard - FBD Credit card charges - WON!!!

Kays - FBD Catalogue charges June 08 = ongoing = told Moorcroft where to go and they went!!!!!

Studio - FBD Catalogue charges June 08 = WON!!!!!!

Hi,

You should find something you could edit in here.............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks Scott, I will have a read thru and adapt one of the templates to say what I want it to!!

:D

Kays - FBD Catalogue charges June 08 = ongoing = told Moorcroft where to go and they went!!!!!

Fatboy,

I'd also be inclined to pay them by standing order rather than direct debit. That way you are in control, and I'm sure they won't have a problem providing you with the details when they reply to your letter.

• Haha 1

Good thinking Zingy!!

Thanks!

I have never gone through a DMP and have always managed things myself so if you need any guidance, just shout.

The advice re. Standing Orders is good.... never pay your debts on a direct debit; as they can change they amount taken from your account. Under a SO, only YOU can do that.

;)