doggy1

Incorrect default issue - Vodafone

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3670 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I had a incorrect default issued by Vodafone in August 2009 as i was entered into a further mobile phone contract following a previous 12month contract incorrectly.

I have now had this removed (3 months ago) however during december 2009 - March 2010 i made numerous attempts (9 in total - i know i was very stupid!) for loans/credit cards which were of course rejected due to the incorrect default.

Im assuming these rejections will appear on my credit record (and banks will notice i have been rejected) therefore how long should i wait before applying for another loan? what affect will all these rejections have on my credit history/score? will future applications notice that these rejections were due to a false default? and finally (a long shot i know - and probably wont be followed up) am i able to claim compensation against vodafone for this defamation as it has caused the rejections of applications & affected my chances of negotiating lower rate loans etc?

Any help/advice is much appreciated

Im assuming these rejections will appear on my credit record (and banks will notice i have been rejected)
IIRC they remain on your file for a year. Technically speaking and there is case-law to back this, if a default notice has been incorrectly recorded and it has caused detriment to your credit standing you can sue for libel. The average compensation is £1000 but there have been cases where it was considerably higher. Kpohraror v Woolwich Building Society [1996] 4 All ER 119

We have a member of the vodafone webteam that comes on this forum, go to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/213340-vodafone-webteam-customers-problems.html and contact them, you will receive a response which will include a reference number, post it back here and lee_vodaphone will look into it for you. ;)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/259838-vodafone-complaints-vf-webteam.html

• Haha 1

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

I've moved your post to the Telecom Forum.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

IIRC they remain on your file for a year. Technically speaking and there is case-law to back this, if a default notice has been incorrectly recorded and it has caused detriment to your credit standing you can sue for libel. The average compensation is £1000 but there have been cases where it was considerably higher. Kpohraror v Woolwich Building Society [1996] 4 All ER 119

We have a member of the vodafone webteam that comes on this forum, go to www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/213340-vodafone-webteam-customers-problems.html and contact them, you will receive a response which will include a reference number, post it back here and lee_vodaphone will look into it for you. ;)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/259838-vodafone-complaints-vf-webteam.html

Just to muddy the waters slightly, but a telecom default although just as detrimental as a credit default does not have to follow the CCA protocols (as it is a service agreement not a credit agreement) of logging a default. All they have to do is note a correct history of bills and payments.

I'm sure lee will get to the bottom of this, and applying for credit lowers your score most for the 1st 3 months afterwards (when I worked in a call center for Woolwich we weren't allowed to credit check for an overdraft more frequently than this as we'd have a detrimental effect on the customer).

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks for the help guys!!

So will the rejections affect any applications i make now? i'm looking to get a loan again and dont want to worsen my credit report any more than it has been!!

Hi doggy1,

If you'd like me to take a look at your case here just follow the advice posted by Cerbs and locutus and update the thread once you've got your email reference number.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Maybe check your credit score and also diferent lenders have diferent criterias, so I doubt anyone cannot give a definate answer. Quite a few sites balance your credit score and history against lenders criteria (credit expert does and you can get a 30 day free trial. If you cancel even on day one, they still give you the rest of the 30 days :) )

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar