Mackenzie Hall.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Get in contact with Alan Stewart at East Ayrshire Trading Standards, he can get Mackenzie Hall stopped from sending these chasing letters. They need to supply PROPER details rather than their "ring if you, ring if not you" junk mails.

As you have received two letters in a short space of time there is even more cause to contact Mr Stewart asap.

I have today received two letters from Mackenzie Hall asking me to ring urgently on a personal matter. Do I just ignore them? Debts seem to be like buses, nothing for ages and then loads at once!

If you have ever disputed these debts, you should also bring to the Trading Standards. Debt companies are not allowed to simply pass on debts, that have been disputed.

They will write for a few months and make loads of phone calls. In a few letters time, they will threaten to send doorstep collector to your door.

You could either ingore or send them a letter saying that you don't know anything about these debts.

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Print your signature, don't sign.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Check your Equifax credit report a large number of searches by MH have been

placed on Table 1 of credit reports and listed as outstanding debt when they should be Table 2 searches ie for addresses and identification.see my thread

Mackenzie Hall & Lowell vexatious searches I have just had alarge compensation cheque from them.:D

A few weeks ago I received this email from Mackenzie Hall :

Subject: Private & Confidential

To:

Date: Tuesday, 29 June, 2010, 20:09

Private & Confidential - For Attention of ..........................

We have been supplied this e-mail address to contact ............

If you are this person, please respond via telephone to 0 8 4 4 4 1 1 5 6 4 5 quoting reference number M............. whereupon further detailed information can be provided. If you require Mackenzie Hall to call you back please text 'MACHALL' and your M reference number to 87202 e.g. MACHALL M80085, for a call back within 45 minutes. If you are not this person please respond via telephone to 0 8 4 4 4 1 1 5 6 4 5.

We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours Sincerely,

My response was :

Could you please tell me who you are. I am not in the habit of calling 0844 telephone numbers as they are so expensive. I have never had any dealings with your company, so think you may have the wrong person.

To which I received :

download?mid=1%5f533%5fAOyxktkAAYS5TD732gDaCFWcVj0&pid=2.2&fid=Sent&inline=1

Good afternoon.

We are in receipt of your recent email. Before we can disclose any information regarding the account we would need you to confirm some security questions.

Could you please confirm the following details;

Your full name, your full address including your postcode and your Date of Birth.

Kind Regards,

To which I replied :

I don't mean to be rude, but you cannot possibly expect anybody to divulge personal information such as you are asking for.

I will assume that you are one of them rogue companies that want to commit identity fraud. I will be doing some research on you and reporting you to the relevant authorities.

I am still waiting for a response to my last email. :p

Mackenzie Hall Ltd

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

I suggest that you send that email to the OFT. This is a multiple breach of the OFT's guidelines !!!! Also be aware that McKenzie Hall try to chase debts that are staute barred. - OFT imposes requirements on Mackenzie Hall to improve handling of disputed debts - The Office of Fair Trading

i. failing to investigate and/or provide details as appropriate, when a debt is

queried or disputed, possibly resulting in debtors being wrongly pursued

j. requiring an individual to supply information to prove they are not the

debtor in question, for example, driving licences, passports, full name,

date of birth, signatures

c. those contacting debtors not making clear who they are, who

they work for, what their role is, what the purpose of the

contact is

Just checked my credit report. No search by Mackenzie Hall showing. Equally no outstanding debts showing whatsoever! Don't understand how this works, can someone please enlighten me. I am being pursued for several debts that I can't even find on credit report to check out.

Would it then follow that if no debts are showing on my credit report I should not be being pursued for any debts?

No, they can chase for a statute barred debt, but as soon as they are told that you don't want to pay as not enforceable in court, they have to stop collection activity per OFT guidelines.

If you don't know the date of the last payments for these debts, then you could make enquiries with the original creditors. It is possible that the original creditors or their debt collectors, never got around to noting your credit record.

Do you know the date that payments for these debts stopped? If you do and you know for sure they are statute barred, send the statute barred letter. If you are not sure, then send the letter contained in my last post to this thread.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I don't know any dates. I don't actually know what it is they are pursuing me for, it didn't say in their letter. They only asked me to contact them on a personal matter, no indication what.

well in that case send them the letter posted above

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Do not speak to them on the phone, answer any of their stupid questions or give them any personal or financial details.

I don't know any dates. I don't actually know what it is they are pursuing me for, it didn't say in their letter. They only asked me to contact them on a personal matter, no indication what.

A classic case for the OFT to get involved, I really wish they would enforce their own guidelines.

A Personal matter to me would be a friend needing a shoulder to cry on or results back from the doctors, neither of which Muck hall are, so their 'personal' matter is only 'personal' to them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Am sending letters to Alan Stewert as suggested. I am unable to check my equifax creit report for wrong doing by M Hall as I applied and they won't let me have it! They want enormous reems of extra personal details and ID.

• 1 month later...

My son loaned money to pay for a van some 3 years ago, I was the guarantor for the loan through Black Horse. My son has since had to declare himself bankrupt and had McKenzie Hall actively pursuing him for the amount that he still owed Black Horse until his bankruptcy came into place. Since then, McKenzie Hall have telephoned me a few times, saying that they wont deal with my son and that I owe this money and have been threatening and rude on each occasion. The amount is a little over a thousand pounds and I am worried that I have to pay this as I am on low income myself, can anyone please help me!!

Not exactly sure of the law in this area. If the loan was entered into the bankruptcy arrangement, I am not sure whether they can still pursue you legally as the guarantor for the loan.

You would probably need someone to look into this in a bit more depth. You could make a post to this sites legal forum, with a bit more information and there are other various legal forums online, so you can get a variety of views. If you post, enter some more information about how the loan was dealt with in your sons bankruptcy and whether there are any terms in the guarantor agreement regarding this sort of situation.

Then there is the community legal advice helpline if you live in England/Wales. http://www.communitylegaladvice.org.uk/

Edited by unclebulgaria67

A a guarantor enters into a legally binding contract to pay off the debt

if the debtor fails in their obligations.

The Official Receiver should be aware of the debt,if it's not mentioned in the bankruptcy

petition I think there could be serious problems,your son should seek the advice of the

receiver asap.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: