Central Debt Recovery Unit/HSBC bank OD

Melbel

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

Just wondering what you make of this.

I have a debt of approx £700 - £800 to HSBC, Im pretty sure it was for an unauthorised overdaft.

Anyway, Ive been paying CDRU a pound a month for quite a while. I had a letter from them asking for an increase. I wrote back telling them my situation hadnt improved but i would offer them £2.50 a month as a good will gesture for them being patient with my financial situation. (I was also impressed that they were one of my creditors that havent slapped a default on me)

I then got a reply threatening me with court action! didnt mention my offer. I wrote back and asked them what they wereon about, I had replied AND offered an increase. Sent it recorded.

I have now recived another letter threatening court.

What are they playing at?

The possibility of a collection agent going to court for this amount is virtually nil.

It's another scare tactic aimed at getting you to increase your payment.

I am surprised that they have not sent you an income and expenditure sheet, however if they do, NEVER FILL IT IN as it will ask you for personal details such as employers address and telephone number. THE NEXT THING IS THEY WILL THREATEN TO CONTACT YOUR EMPLOYER

If an I/E is ever required to support your offer, have it done by one of the voluntary organisations who do not provide personal details.

THEIR OWN VERSION OF I/E IS JUST ANOTHER DCA TRICK TACTIC.

TO BE USED AS TOILET PAPER ONLY

Edited by Crocdoc
ADD SENTENCE

Ahh

So they are playing silly buggers.

I was annoyed because i have offered them more.

I was hoping to keep them sweet as they havent defaulted me.

Experian tells me they havent defaulted me. I signed up to equifax and on there they have!

Ok, nothing to lose now, I cannot CCA them as it is an Overdraft.

Any ideas on what to do? Im looking at hopefully getting my defaults removed. I could possibly try a reduced F&F here.