Lowell has no credit agreement!?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Lowell have been chasing me for an alleged Captial One debt which had already been round the houses with various DCA before I found this site and when I received Lowells letter I sent them the "Send me the credit agreement" letter. It has taken them since Nov 2009 to finaly reply today with a letter saying that Captial One no longer have my credit agreement and therefore they are unable to send it to me and therefore they are closing the account(I assume this means with Lowell ?) and that I do not owe them any money!!!

So in light of this revelation can anyone please tell me what this means now going into the future? Will another DCA try and collect on this and will it mean me sending them the same letter as I did to Lowell originally? Surely if Capital One have admited they can't find the CCA then the account is closed with them too? Is there another way of chasing this ie Captial One taking the Debt collection back inhouse? And without a CCA is it enforeceable anyhow if it ever went to court!???

Any news views comments or ideas greatly appreciated. Thank you! xx

Cap 1 will probably farm it out to another DCA, the debt is unenforceable in a court but the debt still exists.

Send any new DCA a copy of the letter stating they have no agreement and request that they return it to Cap 1.

If you are of a mind to pay this you could offer A very small F&F of around 5% with the condition that your credit file is marked as satisfied, not Partial settlement.

You are in control of this now

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Cap 1 will probably farm it out to another DCA, the debt is unenforceable in a court but the debt still exists.

Send any new DCA a copy of the letter stating they have no agreement and request that they return it to Cap 1.

If you are of a mind to pay this you could offer A very small F&F of around 5% with the condition that your credit file is marked as satisfied, not Partial settlement.

You are in control of this now

Never thought I would be in control of this and in a strange way feels good...I feel so much more positive...thanks for the above comments. I doubt they would pass to another DCA as it has been passed to nearly every DCA I have ever read or heard about on this forum and others - Lowells however were the only ones I ever replied to with a CCA request. Just wondering if Capital One will ever send me demand for payment themselves althou I could just remind them that they need a certain CCA!!!

Many thanks for your comments really cheered me up!! And I sooo like the "You are in control of this now" - that line makes me feel alive again!! :)

Keep that letter in a gold plated frame for future use should any ****** dca try it on.

Just a copy of that with a short letter, telling them to offski

Hi Bazaar...have hung it pride of place on the office wall...a reminder of one small step for mankind against DCA's...thanks for the reply!! x;)

• 3 weeks later...

Well it appears that the above Lowell people are keen to get their money one way or another as their original letter dated 16th July 2010 said that there was no credit agreement and that Captial One could not locate and therefore I owed them no monies.

Not heard from them since this date in July.

Then today bomb shell.....

I have received a letter from Lowell enclosing the original credit agreement with Capital one (copy actually) showing my signiture and their computer generated statements giving me 21 days to pay and showing state of the account as defaulted.

Next move??????

Can anyone please advise exact wording I need to check against the agreement to see if it is legit or direct me to where I can find such info on the web or on this forum. Thanks in advance.

The credit agreement info is not on headed paper and is just 4 pages of info on the agreement itself...must admit looks likes a copy and paste thing on white paper nothing else but does have my details on typed and nowhere have I signed it.

The other photocopy which does show my signiture looks like the application form where it has all my personal details and salary, banking details I assume that this is legit but have noted that I never ticked the PPI bit on the form.

I mention the above because throught their computer generated statements I see that they have charged PPI also if there was ever a late payment fee it is not in line with their credit agreement ie that says £12 and they have in some cases charged £25...

My question could I get the PPI and the difference between the £12 and £18 back or taken off the total amount owed to Capital One.

What do I do next...am now not a happy bunny...can Lowells do this when they originally said that there was no CCA and that I owed them NO Money but they have now produced and posted the above info/docs???

How shortlived my smugness was!!!

Anyone who can help on this matter appreciate it in advance.

Thanks again

All late charges are recoverable in full plus CI at the current cash rate they charge you or as per the last statement you received when the account was live plus 8% simple interest on the total.

Use this calculator for each charge and tick the box for '12 rests'

http://www.egalegal.com/compoundWindow.html

PPI should also be reclaimable and more knowledgeable caggers will advise on that.

Posting up the ''agreements'' minus personal info will be necessary to receive advise on their legitimacy.

So they sent the CCA to you, which may or may not help them. If you post it up on here, with any identifiers/personal info removed, people will be able to comment.

Once you receive some pointers to help you, then you can start to correspond with them, to make sure that they understand that if they went to court, you would be challenging them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

if lowell bought this debt from capital one then the account will not be coming back to capital one, i know this as i used to work there, the account will be closed and you have got away with paying this back

As you worked for Cap1 there must be many other useful snippets of information that you could perhaps share with CAD?

if lowell bought this debt from capital one then the account will not be coming back to capital one, i know this as i used to work there, the account will be closed and you have got away with paying this back

and where do you work now?

LOWELL BY ANY CHANCE:roll:

I suspect what they have sent is an unenforceable application form, as they did with me and many others on here, stick to your guns

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Thanks everyone for feedback and replies...I will scan docs I received and hope someone here can tell me if it is enforecable or not...to be honest from reading various other posts on threads on here it would appear that it is not but would rather scan docs and see what replies I get.

More annoyed that they sent a letter 16th July 2010 saying that Crapone had no agreement and that therefore Lowells would not contact me again and that I did not owe them anything...and then this arrives which is very very annoying...feel like writing to Lowells and returning everything back to them saying "you said yu wouldn't contact me and your letter says I don't owe you anything so stuff it" But know that's not how they would look at it. The original CCA request was way back in Nov 2009 and it's taken til July 2010 to even send me a response saying that Crap one can't find it!! So techinically they are way over the statutory time limit as I see it but guess if this went to court both the "you don't owe us any monies" letter of July 16th and the 7 months it's taken for them to find the agreement wouldn't count/ mean anything to/ with a judge!!!

Thanks again to everyone and to traceywak I apprecaite your comments the most...there really was no need for Sam 614 to respond like that!! Thanks again Traceywak!! xx

Sam 614, im actually a full time mother, why the sarcastic comment i am simply stating a fact

the sarcastic comment was a question.

based on the other posts by yourself.

the same question asked by others.

the sarcastic comment was a question.

based on the other posts by yourself.

the same question asked by others.

Quite & aren't you Tracy the poster who admonishes others for not being morally sound because they 'won't' (in your mind at least) pay their debts

Quite & aren't you Tracy the poster who admonishes others for not being morally sound because they 'won't' (in your mind at least) pay their debts

The one and the same.

Beyond me why someone joins,jumps into a thread to tell the OP (who by the way has not posted for 4 years ) that they are wrong not to pay.

Then straight into another lowell thread,to tell us how good they found that lowell were when she called them after trying "everything not to pay"!!!!!

The one and the same.

Beyond me why someone joins,jumps into a thread to tell the OP (who by the way has not posted for 4 years ) that they are wrong not to pay.

Then straight into another lowell thread,to tell us how good they found that lowell were when she called them after trying "everything not to pay"!!!!!

Simple explanation really--the poster is a an idiot!

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An idiot, dolt, or dullard is a mentally deficient person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way.

Whatever our personal opinions are of another poster, can we please keep them to ourselves. If you have any evidence of wrongdoing by another user.. let admin know. :) Thanks

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Persons who come to this forum for the sole purpose of castigating other users over their attempts to get their lives in order should be banned & not allowed to spout their nonsense here & please don't quote the usual mantra that "everyone is allowed an opinion" they are but it shouldn't be about whether or not members are trying to to avoid their liabilities. Usually being desperate already they don't need more grief from such trolls

AND the member in question admits to having worked for Cap 1, which alone speaks volumes don't you think?

I too have at long last received aCapital One "original credit agreement" from Lowell. It is, in fact, a short application frm, which, to my mind is not and original credit agreement. I assume this is unefforcable. The T & C's are also just 4 pages of what look like photocopied standard terms with my name added to the top. It is just a put-up job from what I can see. Should I write to Lowell and tell them to produce the credit agreement as the application form will not do?

you can try it, but they will just say they have complied and its enforceable,

The trick is waiting to see if they want to try and use that in court. As long as your arguments for sight of the original true agreement are good, they may think twice and discontinue, then you hit em for costs