DeBilde

Mercers DN

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3672 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can someone confirm that Mercers DN's are invalid because they do not contain the name and address of Barclaycard?

Also the DN was sent RM 1st Class and is dated 9th July 2010. The notice states payment before the 26th July 2010, this then makes the 25th the last day for remedy meaning the DN is out by 1 day. Am I correct in this?

I am not near a scanner at the moment so can't put a copy up.

Any help much appreciated.

Correct on the dates, as for the address I am not sure.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

9th was a Friday, so 13th is presumed day of service 14 days takes it to the 27th one day short as they have stated 26th

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

The 9th was a Fri and you are deemed to have received it the second working day after posting if 1st class = 13th + 14 days to remedy = 27th which makes it 2 days short. ;)

They state it must be remedied before 26th.

Edited by cerberusalert

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thanks for the replies, I thought the dates looked iffy. I have 3 cards with Barclaycard. 1 is an original Barclaycard, 1 Morgan Stanley and 1 Sky Card. None of the them have sent the original copy of the credit agreement just TC's. All the DN's received have the same time frame so all invalid on the date front.

How about the address bit as well to add extra ammo?

[quote=cerberusalert;

They state it must be remedied before 26th.

So it does, :p

Can anyone advise on the DN and the address?

Thanks

There is no need the DN is defective

but every little helps

the answer is yes- it is defective also as it must contain the name and address of both the creditor and the debtor

if you post it up minus personal details i am willing to bet a pound to a bucket oif pigsh*t that we will find something else wrong with it!!