• Tweets

• I should have added the above links are for  landlines and mobiles there are plenty of free and paid for apps android and iphones to block calls.
    • Hi I got a tent from go outdoors,   over £1000 for tent porch carpet  and footprint and it was faulty, so they exchanged it, it was only 2 weeks old,  so I got another tent tht to was faulty, I have pictures of the faults,  but this time they weren't happy to exchange but they did,  then I got a vanguard 8 ,  and when we were on holiday the rain was coming through the material of the tent, holes in the stitching and the zip kepted breaking, so 2 days into our holiday we came home to change the tent and go back and finish our holiday,  but they refused, this tent was only9 days old.  So we left the store phoned head office and they said "go back to store and give them another chance to sorte this out!"  So we did and the manger was worse this time, to ring head office he didn't want to. I have a proof of a call from head office for 40mins and the manager was implying to head office I was lying about a phone call  and head office have on record of them phoning me , the manager asked me to leave the store or he will phone the police   so I told him to get the police,   while waiting for the police  a customer was returning a tent and when asked from the store what's wrong with it, they said""nothing it's to hard to put away"  so asked the manager how is tht right when my tent is faulty and u wont exchange,   he told the police I was threatening a customer,  I never spoke to the customer, I also told them I am autistic,   The manager lied to the police and the police attuided to me was horrendous and I told them  repeatedly told I was autistic,   I have video evidence of my arrest,  What are my legal rights to a new tent,  any help will be greatly appreciated thank u,   am also dyslexic,  sorry if some of this doesn't make sense ,  I've loads more to tell on this whole situation xx I was arrested for not leaving the store until I had a resolution  All the tents where hi gear  Also I told the manager tht we where on holiday to rest as we've just had 4 weeks of hell with my daughter as shes now in hospital safe,  so we went away for 5 days knowing she was safe ,  and why woul we come home early and try to change a faulty tent,  and go back to our holiday if it wasn't faulty they weren't interested   I've been having meltdowns really bad this x  Also I was released from the police 2hrs later WITHOUT  been Interviewed and NO CHARGES I've had a email today saying because of my being banned from the store I can have a refund   I've sent them emails asking questions and they will answer the email but wont answer my questions and now they saying as a good will gesture they will refund me  But I only have until friday which is 1 day to accept the return and if I dont they will not refund me  And am so distressed ,  Am I right the if a item is faulty you have 28 days to a full refund 
    • Thanks dx I did read these post but wasn’t sure if they ended well.   I suppose it depends on how nervous it would make the buyer, and if their solicitor was happy to play ball.
    • the 120 days runs from when he discovered he could use chargeback. that must be within 540 days of the relevant card transaction. sadly halifax are useless everytime over chargeback  and never get things right.
    • Can I ask which service provider or telephone hand set you use that's allows you to use 00* to block all international calls ?   Ofcom advice   https://tinyurl.com/y577dlb8   Some examples of call blocking phones   https://tinyurl.com/yyaxsgd4   ,
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3718 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I have made a couple of previous threads here and here about a Rossendales bailiff. The debt was for a £80 PCN which has risen to £400+ due to three attendance charges of £25, £35 and £45, a £65 levy charge and a £165 van fee added at the same time as the levy.

They claim to have levied on my wife's car (the debt is in her name) but no notice of seizure was left. We have complained to the Executive of the council and Rossendales. The reply from Rossendales backed up the bailiff but stated that she is adamant that she posted a distress notice when she levied on the car. This is still not a notice of seizure so have they unwittingly admitted that the levy is invalid. All that was posted was a Magistrates Liability Order/Distress Warrant which is what I believe they were referring to.

Im not sure what to do now as they could surely draw a notice of seizure up and add it to my paperwork if I make a complaint about not receiving one. Should I do a SAR first and see it that comes back without a notice of seizure?

Also the reply that we received from the council was from the parking office and not the executives office and did not take issue with any of the complaints that we had about the bailiff (ie. sitting outside the house until my wife came out with the kids, so she could levy on the car, unreasonable charges, unvalid levy). They simply contacted Rossendales for a list of charges and listed them on the letter saying we had to pay them.

1. Council

Reply to them, say that you are making a formal Stage 2 complaint because their previous response was not adequate. Give full chapter and verse as to why not, and tell them you want it dealt with properly this time, otherwise you will not hesitate to take it to the Chief Executive, and if necessary the Local Government Ombudsman.

Top sheet to the Council's complaints unit (find out from the switchboard what they call it), copy to the Chief Executive, headline the letter "Stage 2 formal complaint".

2. Charges

They can't charge you three attendances to levy plus an actual levy -- the law says the maximum is three in all, i.e. two plus a levy. So the £65 can go.

The van fee is also wrong. They can only charge you at the removal stage for something they have done at the removal stage. Your bailiff hasn't done anything new - like bring in a tow truck or something, so there's no new cost that she's incurred that she can bill you for.

Also, per Culligan, the removal stage only starts once you've been notified, and been given a reasonable chance to pay. That hasn't happened.

As to the contested levy, you can certainly run that it never happened. In court it would end up as your word against theirs. They'd need to produce some kind of evidence at that stage that it really had happened to have it accepted as a fee. After all, you don't even know that the lady came to the right street.

On the other hand, whatever happens they can only charge a maximum of one fee between them for the levy and the third visit. So if they and you accept the third visit happened, to some extent that makes it academic as to whether there was a levy.

No harm in an S.A.R. to see what their evidence is both for the third visit, and the levy. If they're going to invent something for an S.A.R., they'd invent it for court anyway. But mostly I think it's just treated as tiresome admin: xerox the file and put it in an envelope, handled without any brain being put in gear, by the cheapest person in the office.

Edited by JH101