Me and my debts - questions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I am in a situation where my house sale is about to go through, am going to try and settle a lot fo debt I owe a Scottish collections company about £20K asked them what they would accept first figure £16.7K I said I would have may be £9K and they said immediately "we can drop to £15.5K". They then said phone when you have the cash basically. Any one any stories to relate as to where these companies are settling.

Bigger picture we will be moving into rented, so the chance they have off securing the debt will go and I am paying £50 a month so not really making any inroads.

Also have a debt with Lloyds of 17K will offer them £7K on the basis they are unsecured and Lloyds are skint and must need every penny.

Any thoughts/insight/prvious experience would be useful

How did you get on Joe?

thanks. would this then have an adverse effect re credit rating?

Also, a bit off topic, but what effect does going on a 'repayment plan' re a cr cd have re credit rating etc?

I am on reduced repayment plans with both MINT and Capital One.

Both have default markers on my account.

MINT default and terminated the account before they would even consider a repayment plan.

Capital One issued a default after I started a repayment plan.

So it matters not wether yu pay them or not they still f**k your credit rating up

In the past I have offered an unusual settlement percentage. Say 4.78% or 9.3%, something like that, it does look like you have thought about it or exactly worked out your I/O!! Anyway it has worked for me.

In the past I have offered an unusual settlement percentage. Say 4.78% or 9.3%, something like that, it does look like you have thought about it or exactly worked out your I/O!! Anyway it has worked for me.

Love your thinking, :)

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

• 10 months later...

Hello,

With the help of CAG I have ben able to move on with my life reducing my debts by some 70% using negotiating tactics learned on this site reducing F&Fs, Thanks to all contibutors

I have however now moved and am conscious I have 2 companies still who have not agreed to settle. In addition to this 1 previous company who did settle are now sending letters informing me that I have an oustanding balance so..

a) Do I need to inform these comapnies I have moved

b) What would your actions be towards the 'settled'company

Regards

Exasp

They did agree with t&C'S which I am concerned about, my other half has since purchased a property solely in her name for her and the kids which I amhappy about. I dont want to post the t7c's here in case they are not generic

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Exasp

If you beleive they have breached the conditions of the F&F then contact them and complain.

As for informing creditors of your new address, there is no law that says you have to, but it would be wise to, because if they got wind you have moved and not informed them, they could serve court papers to your old address , you would be unaware of the service and they would get a judgement by default.

Even if you used a mail re-direction service they can easily find out where your post is being re-directed to

• 2 years later...

Hello

Having reviewed my credit file recently one of my debts has been logged as in default since September 2007 so is this now statute barred?

Also what I can't understand is that all my debts went unpaid at this same date when I lost my job

but some show as defaulted as late as 2013.

These debts have been bought by IND & Capquest but I haven't made a payment so how do I find out how this has occurred ?

The Capquest debt shows August this year as the default date and ind in 2009 but this is impossible.

Thanks to anyone who can help

Exasp

Hi,

The default date and the date a debt becomes statute barred are not the same.

Statute barred = no payment or unequivocal written acknowledgment of the debt in 6 clear years, however defaults are placed some time after the date of the last payment often 6 months or more later, the default entry remains on the credit file for the full 6 year period even though the debt is statute barred.

Are these other entries by Ind and Capquest actual new default dates or are they the dates that the files were updated.

Are there entries on these debt showing for example the term 'date last delinquent? This indicates the date the last payment was made.

If you can please post up suitably redacted screen prints of the file entries, I will try to sort this out for you.

You will need to ascertain exactly when the last payments were made.

It is likely that you will need to make Subject Access Requests (SARs) to the original creditors on these debts.

The rule is only 1 default can ever be registered for any debt, companies like Ind and Capquest cannot change the original default date.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Brigs

I only am going off one of the three but in essence they were all paid last at the same time when I had money. It's a long story but soon as I lost my job within a month I was in real trouble. Everyone deserted me so I had no choice but stop paying. I will order another credit report and come back to you,

I'm working again now brigs and am away til Tuesday so if I don't come back to you till then will you still pick this up with me?

Thanks

Exasp

Yes of course I'll be alerted when you post again!

Best wishes,

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• dx100uk changed the title to Me and my debts - questions