exasperated

I've Moved Should I Inform Creditors Of New Address

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3356 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I am currently having my mail redirected, am I legally obliged to inform my creditors I have moved (well forced to sell) and my new address

Thanks

There is no legal requirement although some agreements may have a clause in them stating that you must notify them.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thanks Cerb,

Suits me how it is at the moment, as long as no court proceedings fail to get redirected:-o

If you're having your mail redirected you can do that for as long as you like... the trouble is Royal Mail sell the re-direct addresses so eventually they will trace you. :(

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hello,

With the help of CAG I have ben able to move on with my life reducing my debts by some 70% using negotiating tactics learned on this site reducing F&Fs, Thanks to all contibutors

I have however now moved and am conscious I have 2 companies still who have not agreed to settle. In addition to this 1 previous company who did settle are now sending letters informing me that I have an oustanding balance so..

a) Do I need to inform these comapnies I have moved

b) What would your actions be towards the 'settled'company

Regards

Exasp

did you pay the F&F to the original creditor or a DCA?

did you get the accepance figure in writing, stating they would not sell on or try to collect the balance at a later date?

They did agree with t&C'S which I am concerned about, my other half has since purchased a property solely in her name for her and the kids which I amhappy about. I dont want to post the t7c's here in case they are not generic

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Exasp

If you beleive they have breached the conditions of the F&F then contact them and complain.

As for informing creditors of your new address, there is no law that says you have to, but it would be wise to, because if they got wind you have moved and not informed them, they could serve court papers to your old address , you would be unaware of the service and they would get a judgement by default.

Even if you used a mail re-direction service they can easily find out where your post is being re-directed to

Thanks ALF,

Would you be interested in a private mail looking at the T&Cs? to tell me how much trouble im in

Exasp

Could I send the t&cs to you by private email as I not sure if they are generic?