• Tweets

• My job I've been in for 8 years, my contract is to give a week's notice.   I have 10 days holiday coming up starting next week. If I message the boss 3 days into that holiday and tell him I'm not coming back can it be used as 7 days notice (ie a week). I have a lot of holiday entitlement left this year about 70 hours.   So 2 questions please without judgement just facts:   1. If I phone boss three days into my 10 day holiday next week to formally tell him I'm quitting is that legal? 2. Can they get out of paying me my 70hrs holiday entitlement if I take that route?   (Massive global company not one man and his dog operation, if it affects the advice)  
    • Hi everyone. We purchased a new bed from dreams 26/12/2017 which was delivered 01/02/2018.  We also purchased their delivery, assembly, take the old one away, tv, mattress, mattress protector, pillows and their 'bed cover' 8 years extended warranty.  We paid by 30 monthly interest free instalments and so just made the final payment.   It is a heavy duty king size lift up storage bed with a built in tv at the end.  It has always been a struggle to lift, my wife cannot do it on her own and it rarely stays up by itself.   At the beginning of this year, we noticed it had started to dip considerably in the middle.  Not the mattress, but the wooden base the mattress is on.  So on 09/02/2020 I emailed them about the issue.  They started by saying the mattress is not covered only the base, until I pointed out it is the base at fault not the mattress.  So they sent out Homeserve on the 25/02/2020 to come and repair.  He did what he called a temporary repair, said that the bed had failed due to a manufacturing or design fault (the metal bolts holding the wooden base to the lift up supports have pulled out of the wood) and that dreams would be in touch to arrange a replacement.  His temporary repair barely lasted a day, the bed was still dipping and he took plenty of photos for himself but seemed in a mad rush to leave.   Of course they didn't contact us, so on 30/03/2020 I emailed them back.  01/04/2020 they emailed back confirming in writing that it is a manufacturing fault and their sales team would contact me, however as expected due to Covid-19 this may take a while.   30/06/2020 I asked for an update.  03/07/2020 they replied saying their claims department would contact me within 5 working days.  They didn't. 15/07/2020 I emailed back asking them to escalate my complaint as well as providing a refund and compensation as we are now struggling to sleep and experiencing back ache due to the bed's extreme dipping, plus I am worried about the mattress getting damaged. 23/07/2020 They replied saying we are not entitled to a refund as it is a guarantee claim and they have passed it once again this time to their guarantee company to contact us. I have still not heard back.   This is now getting beyond a joke and I wanted some guidance on how I should proceed.  We are struggling to sleep in the bed and cannot now even open the bed to access our belongings inside as as soon as you try and lift you hear the sound of breaking wood.   Many thanks  
    • bit obv really... don't eat yellow snow either.   dx  
    • I know you are trivialising this as, 'Ambulance Chasing Lawyers', because they are perceived to be involved. You mention BMW (other brands as well). Counterfeit car and truck parts have been implicated, and proven to be the cause, of accidents where fatalities have occurred.   There is some considerable difference between a set of counterfeit brake pads and a fake SD Card.   The trademark infringement though, is the same.   H
    • One hope in this growing mess is that local authorities, mainly in the north west so far, like Liverpool, are developing their own systems to test and trace, filling in the gaps of what Serco et al are missing.   But they're doing it with precious little in the way of funding. In the meantime it looks as if Serco [I think it's them] will be given more hundreds of millions on top of the £100 million that hasn't been effective so far in a couple of weeks. Given that the PM has swanned off to Scotland for a couple of weeks this isn't looking good.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
exasperated

Mortgage Ppi- Wanting To Make Rbs Say Ouch

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3121 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I have been a faithful customer to RBS for many years until recently when they decided they would try (and succeded) in ruining me despite our relationship over that long period.

To cut a long story short although I have only had one property in the last ten years(which I was forced to sell and now live in rented) they sold me many NEW mortgage products. Prior to that I was in rented for 18 months and previous to that a home owner for 8 years. I need to find out which mortgage the PPI was attached to so HOW FAR BACK CAN I REQUEST INFORMATION?

I wrote to the bank to ask them to to explain why they had sold me these variuos new products including one mortgage to which PPI was attached. I have had no response only from an employee known to me (when I walked in the bank to close all my accounts) explaining they cant provide the info on any account which is closed:-o

HERE IS THE HISTORY BEHIND IT..........

I tried to claim the PPI some years ago(but so long ago I cant recall when) and they refused to pay out as I was self employed so I cancelled it the next day. Obviously not knowing my consumer rights before finding CAG they got away with it. I had other priorities when I first joined CAG like stabilising my position but now I now have my creditors in a position I can cope with.

So its now time to kick back starting with RBS, any help much appreciated.

Thanks

You can send a SAR which will give you all the information they hold on you as a person which will include every a/c and product you've ever had. By law they have to keep this information for six years after you close an a/c.

There is a limitation of how far back you can claim any PPI... this is six years... but you have a 'get out' that you have only just become aware that it was mis-sold and you can reclaim it + statutory interest. ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hi cerb,

Well that is indeed true that I have only just found about PPI reclaiming. As I want to go back more than the six year period is their a template letter on the site requesting that the SAR goes back this far?

Thanks Cerb

If you have a look in the PPI forum you should find something + you'll get the help you need. Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) - The Consumer Forums

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Cerb,

Could you move this thread for me or should I start a new one one in their

Thanks

Moved to PPI forum.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi exasperated:)

You're in the right place now! If you jave a read of the 'stickies' at the top of this forum there's plenty of useful info to start you on your way...........including a PPI specific SAR.

Do you know if the mortgage PPI was of the single premium variety (ie, was it added up front to the amount you borrowed)? I think I read somewhere that on a mortgage this type is more likely to have been mis-sold than the normal monthly payment type with no up front premium.

You'll get plenty of guidance here with your claim - as you say you were self-employed when you had the PPI that's a reason for mis-selling for a start ;)

Good Luck and just shout if you need assistance,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

I should add that I now have closed all my accounts with RBS (as advised by Cerb) as I have a mint card in dispute. Therefore when writing to the bank to request my data which I need to go back to when I opened an account originally with them (approx 20 yrs ago) do I supply my original address at that time or the last address they had on file for me.

Is their a template letter on the site for this?

Thanks

there is a ppi SAR inthe stickys on the PPI homepage.

you will need to include the addresses that cover the complete period

though, sadly, i doubt you'll get back anything past 6yrs.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Hi DX,

Cerb was under the impression that if you were unaware of PPI reclaiming then you may go back over the six years. I dont know the date of the PPI payments but it was 100% not in the last six years

Any advice?

Hi exasperated:)

I could be wrong, but I think dx was referring to how far back the SAR is likely to go............

PPI is possible to be reclaimed much further back - I have just successfully reclaimed PPI from LTSB and Direct Line (RBS) dating from 2000-2001. Also see Alanalana's mammouth thread re: RBS in the stickies above - he reclaimed from as early as 1998 I believe.

Also, on the subject of SAR's - my LTSB SAR provided info from as far back as 1999 and included statements (but not agreements - I already had those ;)) for the loans I then went on to claim mis-sold PPI for!

Good Luck and keep us posted,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

i do wish people would read.

i'm just about to get back to 1993!

having the agreement is the key

dx

Hi exasperated

I am in a similar position to yourself. I had loans and credit cards with RBS dating from 1992 until approx 2002. I sent off a SAR but they replied stating that as the accounts have been closed for over 6 years they no longer had any information on file.

However if you have any of the loan agreements, with the PPI and repayment figures on them, or any of your credit card statements displaying PPI payments, then this can be used as the basis for your claim and to work out how much was paid and how much can be reclaimed.

Just to clarify about the six year limit. A lot of the banks are using this as the limit for how much information / statements they are willing to provide. eg they will not provide information on any transactions older than 6 years. However if you have documentation for PPI over 6 years in age this can still be claimed. Only this morning I received a refund for PPI on a bank loan dating from 1997.

Good luck

FMC

Abbey National SAR sent 15/03/2010

RBS SAR sent 15/03/2010

Cahoot SAR sent 22/03/2010

Northern Rock SAR sent 22/03/2010

EGG SAR sent 22/03/2010

Morgan Stanley SAR sent 22/03/2010

MBNA SAR sent 22/03/2010

Landy/Fmc,

Thanks for the posts, I do appreciate your time.

I will look for the paperwork but being realistic it is unlikely I will find the required documentation. The PPI relates to a mortgage I had which was paid 1998.

It looks like it will be me saying 'ouch' from them, once again!!

Landy/Fmc,

Thanks for the posts, I do appreciate your time.

I will look for the paperwork but being realistic it is unlikely I will find the required documentation. The PPI relates to a mortgage I had which was paid 1998.

It looks like it will be me saying 'ouch' from them, once again!!

You could SAR your bank to see if it throws up statements from that period. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Cerb,

Worth a try I suppose for a tenner, I'll let you know how I get on

Thanks Cerb

How u getting on expasperated on your quest for mortgage

Ppi