Unfair CCJ issued after car insurance dispute - what can I do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i am new to the forums and i would really appreciate any advice anyone can give me on this issue.

Basically it all started in April 2008 when i had a minor collision with another vehicle. I was fully comprehensively insured, however the other driver did not put in a claim with my insurance company until May this year.

My insurance company are now disputing his claim and as a result a county court judegment was filed by the other party's solicitors citing me as the defendant.

Apparently this CCJ has now been issued as a "default judegment" as i never replied to the claim form. This was because the court sent the claim form to a solicitors who are allegedly acting upon my behalf (i have never heard of the solicitors).

The first i heard of the CCJ was when a debt management company actually sent me a letter asking if i needed help paying off my CCJ!!!

I have now spoken to my insurance company who advise they are writing to the solicitors who filed the CCJ to have my name taken off it, but i understand that there is some urgency to remove my name so it is not on my personal credit record.......

The court said i could apply for this to be set aside, however i am loathe to pay the £75 considering the insurance company should really be sorting this out, plus i believe that having the CCJ set aside only takes the process back to the claim form stage anyway.......

From other peoples experiences, would i be best to go down the route of chasing the insurance company in order to get my name removed? Or do you think i would be better off just paying the £75 and going for the set aside?

Any additional pointers are most welcome!!

Thanks for your help in advance

Kate