advice on draft letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please note this a quick rough draft and i would appreciate any input

Dear sir

as you are aware we had a meeting recently to advise us that as of this sunday our shifts are being changed back to the old pattern. we were given the reason that our current shifts were only arranged on the proviso that we waved our right to 28 days notice of any change back.

unfortunatly until this recent meeting i was unaware of any proviso on the acceptance of this shift and reject allagations of the waving of the right to the notice period

i am aware that our contract simply states that the shifts worked will be aranged in a 5 over 7 pattern may lead to claims that this is a small change in times and means that no notice period is needed however i reject these claims on the fact that the changes will mean differnt days off, the need to re-arrange childcare, and the need to re-arrange holliday times possibly altering the ammount of days off used. i also reject it for the fact that as work has stated that people have waved their right to a notice period that this period is obviously required.

as a result of this i will require the 28 days notice before any changes, after which i am happy to work the shifts stated

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

please note this a quick rough draft and i would appreciate any input

Dear Sir

As you are aware we had a meeting recently to advise us that as of this Sunday our shifts are being changed back to the old pattern. We were given the reason that our current shifts were only arranged on the proviso that we waived our right to 28 days notice of any change back.

Until the meeting, I was unaware of any acceptance to waive our right to notice of future changes and therefore dispute that I ever made such an agreement.

I am aware that because our contract states that the shifts worked will be aranged in a 5 over 7 pattern, one could say that this is a small change in times and could mean that no notice period is needed, however I would reject that suggestion as the proposed changes will mean different days off, the need to re-arrange childcare, and the need to re-arrange holliday times, possibly altering the amount of days off used.

Consequently, although I agree in principle to the stated shift pattern, I will require the 28 days notice before any changes, in order to make the arrangements outlined above

Sorry - call me pedantic, but I have added some commas and capital letters :lol:

I have also reworded a couple of paragraphs so it reads better, but feel free to stick with your version if you think it better or removes some of what you were trying to say - it just seemed to repeat a couple of things...

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

thanks sidewinder thats the sort of feedback i needed, im dyslexic and it tends to show.

will take it to work and print there, not using my ink that way

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Sorry - I wasn't pointing fingers at the spelling. I've seen far worse from people without dyslexia. Your original got the point across just fine - it's just old fussy me that was the problem!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!