Samsung LCD TV, am i screwed?

soundlab

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok then,little long is this lol...

I bought myself a lovely Samsung Le40m87bdx just over 2 years ago (17.04.08 ) tele was fine until for 11 months, then the tele started to do some extreme ghosting/dragging, after going through Samsung the tele was picked up and taken away to be fixed, the tele then comes back to me fixed ...

But then a month later the same thing happened again! so i got intouch with Samsung and was told to get back intouch with the company that had fixed it (these are Samsung approved and was Samsung that sent them out) so i get intouch with them and they take it away again, week or so later my tele is back with me and all is fine ...

Then 1 month later my tele get 1 seriously messed up fault, i get intouch with samsung, who tell me to get intouch with the comapny and this goes on for a week or so, i then get told to take a pic and send a video of the fault to the company that fixed my tele (

vid for those thatwant to see), i do so and get told a week later after phoning them up to see whats happening, that they never received the email which was a lie as i had asked them to respond to the email if they received the attatchments, and they did!... Anyway after a loong (5/6 weeks) wait they finally come and pick my tele up and take it off to get fixed, they fix it then bring it back and all was good, this last repair was sept last year..

This last week my tele has gotten yet ANOTHER fault, when the camera moves, in say a football match, an action film or something, you see a faint black line about an inch across going from the top of the screen to the bottom, this is half way across the screen, this isnt screenb urn as theres nothing ever static in that position

So then, after all the trouble with this tele, 4 faults now in just over a year, where (if anywhere) do i stand with this

Is this being fixed under an extended warranty? The problem with these is that they will rectify the fault as many times as is needed, and not replace it.

If they are doing it due to the fact that it's "not fit for purpose", and one would assume that the fact they do keep repairing it, shows that they obviously think there is an inherent flaw, then because of the length of time you have owned the TV, your right to an automatic replacement has diminished and they can insist on a repair each time.

That said, surely it is more hasslesome and less cost effective to continue paying for these repairs, and surely now it must require replacement?

If Samsung are aware of the problems you are having, then get in touch and tell them that this issue is persisting and spoiling your enjoyment of the TV. Point out that a TV which suffers from this many faults is obviously showing signs of a manufacturing defect, or an inherent fault, starting from under a year old. The Sales of Goods Act offers protection from items which are faulty from sold, and demands that items should last a reasonable amount of time - 2 years for a TV (which is quite expensive) is far from reasonable, and it would suggest there are manufacturing defects at work here.

From a technical perspective, it sound like banding which is something that Sharp LCD TV's suffered from greatly, but consumers seemed to be able to get a replacement with the newer panels. This was around the same time, and a lot of companies in Asia use the same manufacturing plant, so you could have a dodgy panel.

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)

The tele came with a 12 month guarantee, and each repair came with a 3 month guarantee

Got to agree about a tele last longer than just 2 years, i saved long and hard for this tele, Will send an email via their "MySamsung" section on their site, they're normally pretty helpful, will mention The Sales Of Good Act in the email, if they say they cant do anything i'll keep at them and probably send a letter off to them if that might help?

Well, you would have had to pay for a repair if it was thought that the faults were not due to faulty manufactured parts within the TV.

Do send an e-mail - you will probably get a standard thanks-but-no-thanks e-mail through. Also, e-mails can get lost in the ether and not replied to, so do think about sending a letter. Another option is to call Consumer Direct, as they will help with what points to raise, and will issue you with a reference - if nothing else, it adds a bit of extra clout to your correspondance with them.

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)