style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3668 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have been paying Jacob's Bailffs for years at £46 per week plus their £1 charge because it is by debit card. I had paid nearly £5000 and could see the light at the end of the tunnel, then the bill for 2010/2011 came in and anticipating problems paying Jacob's plus the new council tax bill wrote to my local council Redcar and Cleveland, to ask if I could pay a nominal amount just till Jacobs were clear which would not have been too long, they said to put it in writing and they would look at it. The letter then came from Jacobs asking me to fill in the income and expenditure form, which I did, and then yesterday I receive a letter saying they have increased my payments to £250 per month and it is not negotiable, I rang the council and they claimed that they had sent a letter to me saying that they agreed to my proposal but as I had not paid anything it had gone to the bailiffs, I did not receive any letter and the woman rather haughtily told me to "sort it with Royal Mail".

Well, today I have basically been emailing anybody that will listen, there is a formal letter on the way to the council, I have spoken to my local councillor, rang the citizens advice, but I am worried if nothing is sorted by the date of the first payment (3rd August) what should I do?

I know a little bit about bailiffs, and when they first started calling I did sign a Walking Possession Order, but the Liability Order for this year and the one for last year which I only owe £300 on I have not, does this mean they cannot enter my home, are they supposed to do a WPO for every Liablity Order? Could anyone offer me some advice please.

do you know if the liability order with the wpa attached to it is paid in full

if they are collecting more than one liability order all sent to the bailiffs at different times then yes they would need to get a new wpa for each year

have you ever received a breakdown of bailiffs fees for any of the accounts

Yes I am certain that the liability orders that the wpo was attached to have been paid, when we rang jacobs recently they told us that we only had the current liability order and the one for last year which nobody visited for.

No I have not received a breakdown of the fees but have downloaded a SAR form and I am going to send that to them.

are you going to send a subject access request and pay the £10 or are you going to ask for a fees breakdown

they cant use a previous WPA to gain entry so you are OK there if you have a car move it well away from your street don't let them get another WPA

have you replied to this letter (I receive a letter saying they have increased my payments to £250 per month and it is not negotiable)

As long they don't get a levy there is nothing Jacobs can do if its not sorted by the 3rd pay the council what you can afford

did you send Jacobs a copy of the letter you sent the council

My council uses Jacobs PM me if you are in north wales and if its the same council i will give the name of a very good local councillor

No I am not in Wales, my local council is Redcar and Cleveland. I am sending a copy of the letter to Jacob's and I will also request a breakdown of the fees.

Could you tell me what a levy is please, I am pretty sure I have not had one.

No I am not in Wales, my local council is Redcar and Cleveland. I am sending a copy of the letter to Jacob's and I will also request a breakdown of the fees.

If you are requesting a breakdown of fees include reference numbers for all accounts including the one that is paid

phone /e-mail your council ask for

the date of each liability order

the amount each liability order

the date each was passed to the bailiffs

the outstanding amount of each liability order (this will also confirm the liability order with the wpa attached is showing a Nil balance)

Could you tell me what a levy is please, I am pretty sure I have not had one.

Notice of seizure of goods and inventory it lists the goods levied its part of the wpa

there is a copy of a Jacobs Notice of seizure on the forum somewhere (i posted it ) if you want to see it give me a shout and i will see if i can find it