• Tweets

• We'd love to return it but from everything I've read it would a long drawn out business so keeping it would probably be simpler.   I think we are going to give them a chance to sort the heating/hot water.We've got very squeaky brakes now which my local garage is going to look at a week on Monday. I'm saving all receipts etc. I'd also like to charge them for fuel used and my time doing what they should have done.   The time they take to get anything done is what is bothering me. If I choose to go somewhere else for a repair for anything would I be able to charge Marquis or do I have to continue using their warranty   I hadn't thought of getting an independent assessment, not sure how you go about it but I'll look into it. Thanks for the reply  
    • Bristol Energy may be in a difficult position at the moment, as Bristol City Council who own them, have decided to sell .  Whether this has affected them being able to deal with Data Protection Subject Access Requests ?  I should imagine that their customers may be contacting them in large numbers given the uncertainty and that may the reason for any delays.    The OP may want to resolve their issue as soon as possible, as if another energy company does buy the portfolio of customers remaining, I am not sure this would lead to a quicker resolution.
    • Paypal are based out of Luxembourg and as they deal with billions of transactions, it is probably just a numbers game to them.   We see regular reports of debts owed amounting to thousands and they never appear to go beyond DCA's sending out their communications.     It must be a question of cost of collection activities versus how much they could collect in reasonable time.  The DCA's probably collect a  sufficient percentage, for the rest of the remaining debts to be written off against any tax liabilities. 
    • Please will you monitor this thread for a fuller reply later.    However have you had any independent assessments of the the standard of the motorhome and also of the cost of repairs?   Do you want to keep the motorhome or are you looking to return it?
    • Hi, I'm looking for advice on what is the best way going forward for me to deal with Marquis.i bought a 2012 campervan for 32,000 from them in June. Since then I've been back a few times with problems.œ   I didn't expect the van to be perfect and I have done quite a few repairs myself. The van couldn't have had any real habitation check though and it was very dirty inside.   Since I started complaining they've replaced a broken awning ,but it took 2 visits for them to clean blockages in the waste system. I'm still waiting for them to replace tank sensors.   I finally managed to get away for a few days in the van last week and lo and behold no hot water or heating. I rang them only to be asked if I was new to caravanning etc. We've had 3 caravans and 2 previous campervans. One of their"highly trained technicians"rang me back to talk me through using the heating and then he agreed that we had a problem. So now it's booked in with them for 24th August.   They sold me a dirty van without giving it any real habitation check.i had to buy tools to change the cabin filter (not done because of coronavirus risk ) and discinfect the air intake system as it smelt so bad. I've found that the fridge has a crack in the lining, I've repaired the shower fitting, toilet cassette seal, and spent hours cleaning encrusted dirt off the toilet and cassette. I've sent emails listing all this and other things I've done. Each time I've found something needing doing I've thought that this will be the last.   I have no confidence in them at all, they can't even glue a piece of trim down. We are actually sick of the van now, all the joy has gone and we would like to hurt the company in their pockets if possible. Any suggestions please? 
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3672 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Gang

I have recently been through a disciplinary which almost left me without a job. One might say that if I still have my job, then I am lucky and should be thankful and I should keep quiet and keep a low profile. Well..... I have some sympathy with this idea but I still can't get over the way in which the Disciplinary Procedure was carried out by my Center Manger.

Originally I was accused of sending out an E-Mail to the "working Staff" in the building suggesting if they would like a copy of some Freeware/Shareware software which made Microsh*t Orifice 2007 more like Orifice 2003 and therefore easier to use to send me a mail and I would give them a copy. (BTW I knew this software wouldn't work on the company computers)

Management took exception to this as it breached company rules and regulations forbidding the use of the Company E-Mail system for personal use. (Apparantly the world would end as we know it :rolleyes:)

I had been verbally warned in the past (ages ago) about sending out global E-Mails but other staff members had been posting global E-Mails recently and no comments had been made by Management on the E-Mail system so I thought it must be ok now or at least management weren’t bothered anymore?

The upshot was I dragged kicking and screaming into a conference room along with the centre manager and the HR manager to listen to what I had done. (It came as a bit of a shock) This was the Pre-Hearing on Thursday last week.

So far so good, I had Cocked up, but the Center Manager was so angry and unable to listen to a word I had to say that the impression I got was that it was personal and the world as we knew it was going to end if my head wasn't cut off and put on a stake outside the building as a lesson to others and to ward of evil spirits. I was warned that my work PC would be investigated by our IT department to see if I have had installed this software on my machine which of course I hadn't. At this point it was obvious the centre manager was on a mission and looking for an excuse to fire me....I wasn't worried because I had already told the IT guys that there was nothing on my PC accept work material (I am stupid and naïve but not suicidal)

Come the judgment day (2nd disciplinary hearing Friday last week), after IT had inspected my PC they found a folder which contained some inappropriate material, fare cop I guess...Problem was the centre manager was now madder then Hell and totally unwilling to listen to a word I had to say.

Snag was at the time of the hearing I wasn't given access to what the IT guys had found so I had no idea what they had found. If I had have known I could have some idea of how the illicit folder got on PC. Previously I had been using my OLD personal desktop machine at work because the work machines were so old and not up to what I needed to do and I suspect that when I copied ALL my work files from my home PC to my new work PC the illicit folder got copied across. Point was, I had no idea that the folder was on my work PC, but the centre manager wouldn't accept that. (BTW The illicit files had not been accessed while they had been on my work machine, it’s easy to check to check and prove I had not accessed them) At no time during the hearing was I given a fair trail as the moment I tried to suggest how the files may have got there I was shouted down. Also, at no time was I able to bring witnesses (IT dept) to prove what I was saying was at least possible (if not probable). I was left feeling that I was a goner.....

The hearing was adjourned so that the centre manager could make up his mind when he was going to fire me or to consider the evidence or where the stake for my head was going to be placed outside the building.

The Judgement day 2 (Final solution) came yesterday, and I was asked if I had anything to say in my defence before sentence was passed, my friend and program manager colleague (who was with me on both previous occasions) suggested that I keep quiet so as not to P*ss Off the centre manager any more than he already was so I said very little.

The sentence was announced which was that I should receive a written warning and I would not be allowed to use my Work PC or office and I would be forced to use the Preastoric work PC's for my Courseware Development Programming. This effectively puts an end to half of my working output; I can still teach but can't develop presentations.

I guess what I am asking is, do I have a grievance against the centre manager for not allowing me the basic rights that any petty criminal would expect in a law court, namely the right to cross examine witness's, the right to see and be aware of damming evidence before any hearing and the basic right for the person overseeing the hearing to have an open mind and not pre-judge the outcome before all the evidence is heard.

Thanks for any help or advice you may come up with.

Micky mouse :mad:

OK..

First of all, many many companies have a generic electronic communications clause within contract which forbids a lot of what you describe above. It also governs the use of work e-mail, work hardware and software for reasons which are inappropriate and not condusive to the good of the employer. It should also include the connection of any external hardware to the network or attaching to a local PC used for work).

Reading your post above, it would appear that you have previously been spoken to regarding similar events. They may not have had a problem with you using a global e-mail address or your colleagues, however it may have been the content of your e-mail which may have been the root cause.

It sounds like your manager has become frustrated with you and with your actions, rather than a personal vendetta against you.

With regards to your other questions regarding the disciplinary procedure, your employer does not have to rigidly disclose ALL information to you if it forms part of an ongoing investigation. If they found a folder on your PC, which contained inappropriate or illegal material or those which breached company policy or guidelines, then unless you were hacked and it can be proven that you were hacked, then it's a matter of 'case closed' - unless you can enter a strong (and evidenciary backed) defence to the matter.

It's NOT a court case - cross examining witnesses, evidence etc...it's an employment disciplinary, not a crown court! There is no automatic legal right for you to call any witnesses to the disciplinary, and you should only do so if they are willing to openly provide substantial evidence towards the breach of your contract (i.e. the disciplinary) and not stand up and say what a good, hard working person you are - it won't be beneficial, and could end up making you look like you are gripping at straws in order to get off the hook.

And if you hadn't of brought in your home PC, you would not have been in this situation in the first place?

Look, I'm not trying to say you are the bad guy here, however from my own point of view, it would appear that you are a bit of a rebel and have gone against what it is that you have been asked (and known is wrong) to do. Simply looking for a way to seek revenge or get your own back if futile, and will only do more harm than good.

With regards to a grievance, you have a legal right to raise one - however, I would only offer the following advice to you:

If you have done wrong, and you received a written warning, then it sounds like you are NOT being punished that severely, but giving you a warning substantial enough to hopefully make you listen.

If you do raise a grievance, then make sure it is based on VALID and TRUTHFUL information or actions which have put you at a disadvantage. This may include your manager taking this matter on a personal basis, but make sure that you can back this up thoroughly before hand. Do not raise it for revenge of a written warning, as this could seriously backfire on you and, may even end up costing you dearly.

You could also raise a complaint if you feel the disciplinary was held in an incorrect manner, or broke the law.

Contact ACAS and discuss with them - they write the codes of practices that companies follow, and will not judge you (as I have tried NOT to do!!) and will help you more so than me.

Good luck!

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)

Hi Chesham

Thanks for your advice, I guess everything you said is true, looks I'll be keeping my head down.

Thanks again for your time.

Best Regards

Micky Mouse