whistler114

parking shambles in Cardiff

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3670 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I actually find this shambles of a council highly amusing sometimes :-D

Here is a PCN I received yesterday:

dscf1304s.jpg

dscf1306a.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I note the following mistakes:

1. No "Date of issue" or "Date of notice". All it says is "Served on" followed by a date. Is this incorrect? I believe it is but just want to confirm.

2. On the main PCN it says the penalty charge is £50 or reduced to £25 if paid within 14 days but on the tear off slip it says the penalty charge is £70 or £35 if paid within 14 days. And here is a photograph of the ticket machine:

dscf1196y.jpg

which states a £20 penalty will be incurred for parking without a valid ticket.

I guess they can't quite make up their mind what the penalty charge is :grin:

3. Finally, after viewing the Traffic Regulation Order I've discovered the sign is non-prescribed and I have written confirmation from the Welsh Assembly that states the council have used a sign that has not been authorised by the DfT.

Which is the easist route to take for the appeal?

The date issue is correct its you that are wrong, however the two different 'prices' makes the PCN unenforceable.

however the two different 'prices' makes the PCN unenforceable.

3 different prices if you include the sign on the machine. :D

Go for the Traffic Order as well ! You can have some fun with this. As their PCNs are so rubbish what chance does the Order have ?