Just need a rant

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I dont think there is a solution to this but I just want to have a rant!!!

Im working for a recruitment agency. The job is in a set place, we ae not travelling to different locations on different days so its constant ongoing employment.

However, the agency staff aree all Eastern European (although to look at the website you would not know this). About 75% of the staff at the place of work are supplied by the agency and of these I would think about three quarters are Eastern European. So, even though we are workiung for a British company the common language spoken on the shop floor is not English.

This in itself is not a problem really for me (there are signs all over saying English must ve used on the shop floor but these are noy adhered to)

What really has annoyed me is this---

Quite often over the last couople of months we get laid off

There have been weeks with no work at all and weeks when we get 1 or 2 days. There seems to be no set rule for who is brought in and who is not. I have trained on every department in the hope that it would make my position more secure.

Then last week I found out that the agency also own a load of houses which they let out to the foreign workers. Therefore in order to secure the rent they make sure that the foreign workers get first pick of the placements each day.

I have nothing against the workers but I feel that really unfair.

Rant over!!!!

Hi,

As you stated, there is not much you can do, despite such process being preferential...

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.