• Tweets

• Yep, should have made sure all were defaulted, sucked up the bad credit for 6 years (which I had anyway) .
    • I've just tried to apply for a mortgage and noticed vodafone have dropped a default on my account on my final bill by mistake. WTH. Stress like you would not believe. Anyone else had their credit report ruined by Vodafone.. And advice? 😢
    • Hi. Thanks very much for taking the time to read and respond to this post. I was a CAG member many years ago under a different username and I think it was you that helped me then, with a few DCAs. Thankfully, with help from this forum, that's all behind me now. Anyway, as far as this issue is concerned; the only reason that I contacted the manufacturer is because they just would not deal with me at all unless I did so, so even though I knew they were in the wrong (and I told them so many times, quoting CRA2015) I just thought that it might make it easier if the manufacturer would put it in writing that there is a fault. To be honest, at the start of all of this I assumed that Currys were still the excellent retailer that I was used to and have been using since I can remember. I don't really know when they started, but I am pretty sure that I have been buying from them since the 80s (a walkman I think - showing my age there!) although I hadn't done so more recently. I honestly thought that when the manufacturer confirmed that there was a fault Currys would do the right thing. I am shocked at how terrible they have become. I have attached my LBA. I downloaded the template for this from the Which website. It's slightly different to the last time I used an LBA, against a car dealer. There's a bit in there about Paypal. Unfortunately I used Paypal, in hindsight I wish I had used a credit card because I could probably then use section 75 (another thing I learned from CAG a few years ago).  Again, I didn't foresee any problem with Currys because of my history with them. lba currys.docx
    • once your debts were defaulted , paying or not or paid or not the defaults are there for 6yrs. you've been had blind..     which toward going to stepchange was the biggest mistake you made.
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2976 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:jaw:

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

yeah, it prob will not as them that want you to pay will stop it! lol

If I owe you money, take a number and join the queue. If you owe me money pay up and shut up

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I see the world is still safe! Till the next crank. . . .

Got Debt problems?

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Knickers !!!

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Knickers !!!

and talking of cranks . . . .

Got Debt problems?

Happy New Year peeps x

Got Debt problems?

Evenin' Hills :D

Got Debt problems?