Reliable Collections Ltd - What do I do next?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm new on here so please bear with me.

My query is regarding a catalogue account originally with Naturally Close, I sent a cca request in april this year, was sent a blank unsigned copy of credit agreement with my name and address handwritten but not in my handwriting along with a list of transactions on the account and a letter saying they are not required to provide a signed copy but a "true copy" of the agreement is sufficient.

I then sent a letter saying my request for a properly executed credit agreement remains outstanding and informing them account entered into dispute on 30th april.

They then passed the debt onto Reliable Collections Ltd to which I replied with a letter stating "I do not acknowledge any debt to your company" and requested a cca.

I then received a letter from an S.Beat from Naturally Close, a solicitor (apparently) on behalf of Fashion World Limited stating I am mistaken if I believe there is a "connection between the existence of a signed credit agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the need, under the Data Protection Act 1998, to obtain consent to process customer data", and that consent was obtained when I applied for one if their catalogues or opened the account. So in other words they have been given permission to record details of my lending habits with a Licensed Credit Reference Agency.

(take a breath!):eek:

Then I receive a letter a couple of days ago from Reliable Collections basically saying that a lender does not have to provide a copy of the executed agreement bearing a signature if the account was opened after April 2007 due to the changes implemented by the Consumer Credit Act 2006, for them to have a right to apply to the court for an enforcement order and they are confident they would be successful.

I am now stumped as to what to do next and would be very grateful of any advice on this.

Thanks

letter tennis eh!

when was your last payment or fin in/out.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The nonsense these companies and their so called "solicitors" come out with beggars belief.

They are bound by the laws of the land like everyone else.

No CCA equals no enforcable debt.

Their smug arrogance will be their downfall.

Tell them that you will also be confident of success should the matter reach court.

Feel free to report them to the OFT,trading standards if you wish...

Reliable collections Ltd really should consider a name change. I am yet to see an enforcable debt being chased by the alledged 'Reliable' collections Ltd. Whats next??? 'Honest Guv It Is Enforcable Collections Limited'.

If i ever got a letter from a company with such a stupid name such as 'Reliable collections Ltd' I think after I composed myself from laughing so much it would find a safe home in my ignor box.

Can you confirm please when and how this alleged agreement was started, if in 2007 and online then it may not come under the 'unenforceable' CCA Agreements.

Things were tightened up around 2006/7 and the loophole that had been discovered was closed.

They may satisfy and CCA request with a 'reconstructed agreement' but a fully signed and executed Agreement still needs to be presented to a Court for Enforcement.

Depending upon your answers to the above queries, more help will follow.

They are just the inhouse collectors for the likes of JD Williams who I am sure you know have loads of different catalogue names. Same address at Hunts Back, Manchester. Nobodies to worry about 9 times out of 10 they can't provide a signed agreement.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

They can never find a valid cca to my knowledge!! I am currently dealing with reliable collections (re: simply be catalogue) and have been since 2008, letter tennis? exactly! They have been phoning my home in excess of 15 times a day despite sending the 'telephone harassment' letter too, numpties!

Oh and I also had a letter from 'S Beat' around 18 months ago. I might start charging them for letters I have sent since 2008, there have been many!

well nows the time to stop

it winds them up at first

then they go away

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

hi, l had few threads here, l am going to tell them off, on simply be, that is managed by payplan, which owe £29.00 prox, but they say its now £60 with charges, l said l never missed a payment, so how can they justifed the charges, they asked me to ask payplan to ring them. five times even on sunday they rang me, l repeated told them to deal with Payplan, oh we cannot do that due to the data and client confidencal, etc.. Oh when they do ring Payplan it will be reinstated, and all charges will be dropped. this was denied by lady to day, l said lady on sundey kirsty said they will you will have a telephone recording of this message.. Then my hubby has got one, Jdwillaims, l have sent a cca for signed copy, plus l am going get a sar on to them because debt was £40, paid 140, still got £160 to pay, all charges, paid since 2003 when hubby lost his job, and had to retired.

getting my armour on let battle commence, as they say xxty for all advice

Things were tightened up around 2006/7 and the loophole that had been discovered was closed.

If my copy Egg Loan agreement is to be believed, things were tightened up in 2004/05 :mad:

Mozzone

Taking on the bloodsuckers

yeah and having that rejected will screw up your credit score even more. why oh why are these organsiations still allowed to do this??

Mozzone

Taking on the bloodsuckers

We had loads of calls from simply be, first we pay through payplan, we are uptodate payments, problem started january when payplan did not pay out so two payments went out, twice in february, they said they contacted all creditors to that this was their problem not ours. Simplybe want to know where is june payment, seven payments made for the seventh months, l ask if they could set the date in line with payplan; oh no we cannot do that, l said l pay 13 payments a year, you collect 13 payments a year.

I had five calls in three days, today rather very rude manager, who said while we owe a months money, £5.14, debt is £29.00, but they added charges £12 now debt is £60.00. When we owe them months money they will keep phoning them, any way, l reported them to the trading standard office/consumer direct. Which l did report them told them the problem, with simplybe..

while they have been getting, payments, there is agreement between them both.

That they should not be harssing me;advice from consumer direct. When l expressed this to simply be l told them its against the law, oh no its not, he said. Again l said contact my appointee, not me. Oh no we cannot do that.. anyway all what you are saying please put it in writing if they send it, l will paste on here, so people can have a look, also sending a copy to payplan. My blood pressure must be high, l am new diabetic, l could do without this undo pressure for a me, any advice l would be grateful ty

firstly you need to stop using the phone to talk to these leechers and secondly reclaim those charges + int, they are ulawful

d

and they

firstly you need to stop using the phone to talk to these leechers and secondly reclaim those charges + int, they are ulawful

d

how are these unlawful, can you explain, and how do l reclaim them,

I know payplan speaks to them when it is near the end, as they had the right, figures from the outset

thank you.. good name for them leeches