Linked Addresses and Aliases ... oh and Electoral Roll -

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon everyone,

Think I am on a bit of a roll here today with trying to sort my finances etc.

I have a couple of questions and would be grateful for any advice -

Linked Addresses

I have checked my Experian Report (via Credit Expert) and I have 120 records :eek: Actually, there are really only 3 addresses but they are shown on there 120 times, it says - "Linked addresses are created when you tell a lender that you have changed address or when a lender receives a credit application that includes more than one address. This section shows the addresses that you have been connected with"

It does go back to 2004 (although I have not applied for credit 120 times!! Many of the lenders are the same. I have read the bit about the 8 year rule on another thread but my question is this... does the number of records affect my credit rating? :confused:

I checked the Equifax report and it doesn't seem to show the details in this format... it shows my previous addresses as a list but thats it.

Aliases

According to Experian, I have 7, again :eek: does this affect my rating?

According to Equifax it's just my name as it is now, I was married previously and have reverted to my maiden name.

Electoral Roll

According to Experian - I'm not on

According to Equifax - I am.

I've emailed Experian to query this but they haven't got back to me (5 days ago!)

Finally - according to Experian my credit rating is very poor - which I'm not totally suprised about. I had a messy break up with my ex-husband in 2004 and typically stuck my head in the sand instead of tackling my debt head on :(

I have a default which fell off my account last week (yay!) Another which should fall off next year and another which will fall off 2 years from now. I also have a CCJ which will fall off next year. All have been satisfied now and I'm just ploughing away at rebuilding my financial life, as it were.

When the CCJ and other default are gone - I'll be left with only 1 default which will be a couple of years old at that point and will be will be marked as settled. Will I still be viewed as high-risk with 1 default? All other credit accounts are showing as "satisfactory"

Any advice or comments would be most welcome.

Thanks

Guest Mrs Hobbit

The aliases, yes they can affect your credit rating, in my case I found my mortgage provider has created two and left them there after they did a search before the mortgage was approved. I did get compensation for this and a letter of apology, they used my middle name and my maiden name. They removed them after I went to the ICO.

You will be able to find out the aliases it wil be on the search made by the company (who created them), then lodge a complaint with them and the ICO.

I still have a poor credit rating. the CRA's have a lot to answer for, with the erroneous data they allow to be put on the files.

The aliases, yes they can affect your credit rating, in my case I found my mortgage provider has created two and left them there after they did a search before the mortgage was approved. I did get compensation for this and a letter of apology, they used my middle name and my maiden name. They removed them after I went to the ICO.

You will be able to find out the aliases it wil be on the search made by the company (who created them), then lodge a complaint with them and the ICO.

I still have a poor credit rating. the CRA's have a lot to answer for, with the erroneous data they allow to be put on the files.

Thanks, Mrs Hobbit.

I'm beginning to wonder if there is any hope for me at all... :(

Guest Mrs Hobbit

There is hope and a light at the end of the tunnel. I just want to see the CRA's held accountable for the erroneous information they allow to be out on files They are not the government, they are money making enterprises and sadly some have connections with DCA's and other businesses which are supposed to help consumers with problems...talk about entanglements. While we have to fight our way through all of this, they are still making money. I no longer check my CRA files, because they are making money off me while allowing my reputation to be ruined.

Expect now a flood of DCA contact, they will be alerted that you are looking at your record and will be poised to try to get dosh from you asap.

Post up here who comes holding their begging bowls out....

I did get some emails yesterday but I can't remember who they were from, I just deleted them, I seem to get them Every day :(

One thing I did yesterday which I am so furious with myself, that I didn't search it online here first, is I paid for the registry trust to get details of my CCJ.

What a bloomin waste of money :-x it said exacxtly the same as my credit reoport says... I assumed it would give me all the details. I've contacted the court direct now regarding this.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to this...

I contacted Credit Expert re these linked addresses - after printing and matching each of them up, every single address was duplicated 4 or 5 times, same lender, same date everything.

I emailed CE on Fridday but am still waiting for a response.

Got a response from Credit Expert this morning -

- Address Link entries

I HAVE REVIEWED YOUR REPORT AND CAN TELL YOU THAT:

A linked address entry may appear more than once if there is more than one address in your CreditExpert profile. Although you may see the same linked address entry several times when you check your report, there is only one entry on our records.

These entries are retrieved when we search your current address and again when we search each previous address. So please don't worry.

Although you can see the same link more than once, when lenders look at your information they can only see the entry once at each address that they search.

These Linked Address entries do not affect your credit score or your ability to obtain credit with a lender.

Not sure what to say now... any ideas?

Thanks