Jump to content

pay day loan trap

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi i'm new to this but i'm am looking for help. I have had a £850 pay day loan with Cheque Centres which I have bought back for the past 20 months! I am currently off work and awaiting surgery to enable me to return to work. I will receive half pay in Sept this will only last 4 months then on to benefits I guess. I have a 12 week wait for surgery. My financial difficulties started about 18 months. I am on my own with 3 kids. My dad died suddenly and he had been my child care for the 3 kids. I had to reduce my hours to part time and pay child I do receive some help from tax credits. I emailed cheque centres 2 weeks ago and asked if they would consider freezing any further interest and allow me to repay the £850 plus current interest at £175 per month. I had asked them to contact me via email or post. I received a reply email stating they would need to see proof of the reasons why I am off work. I sent them a copy of my fit note from my GP. I have received a phone call from the supervisor stating the area manager will not do anything until I am on half pay. She said what they can do for me is to roll over the loan this month so I only have to pay the £172 interest. This is basically what I have been doing for the past 20 months!!

I don't know what to do now as they have refused my offer at present! I would liked to have this paid off as soon as possible in case I do end up on benefits. Anyone any advice

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear of your current circumstances. I would email them back and highlight the fact that you have been a loyal customer with a good payment history. Also point out that it is in everyone's interests to get a plan in place now rather than wait until your on half pay.


If you email them and update the site.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Still waiting to hear they I keep writing to them but they never write back only phone!! To offer a Rollover! I have since changed my bank account etc I sent them a cheque at the end of last week for the £175 monthly payment I had offered them and have asked them to contact me in writing if they will accept these monthly payments with interest frozen. Fingers crossed

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think your being too nice to them. They should have replied by now. If you write to them again tell them you will only accepted correspondences in written form. I would refuse to speak to them or answer their security questions if they phone you again.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...