Parking contravention enforcement notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

can anybody help. I have received on Saturday a parcking contravention enforcement notice with a PCN number. I parked on a car park at a retail park longer than I should have. It is reuqesting £150 or £75 if paid within 14 days.

There are no company registration details on the ticket only a name "CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD".

I am a little concerned as it mentions that if I do not pay within 28 days of the issue date I will incur additional costs and be forwarded to a debt recovery agency!

What should I do. Sometimes I think just pay the £75 and avoid the hassle and then I think why should I.

Thanks

its toilet paper

ignore them..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am a little concerned as it mentions that if I do not pay within 28 days of the issue date I will incur additional costs and be forwarded to a debt recovery agency!

Ok, do you actually know what that means?

All it means is that they are going to add some random numbers to the original unenforceable figure and just get another powerless company to send you some stupid letters. Do not confuse a 'recovery agency' with baliffs. Chances are this agency will just be Civil Enforcement (trying to stifle a laugh at their hilarious name) using differently headed paper.

Be warned they make get out the red ink.

In summary:

• do not pay

• do not contact them

ignore their threatening junkmail

ignore junk from this recovery agency crew

• they will give up and go away

• no chance of court (where they'd lose)

• it's a [problem]

what can they do...

go to court with an unpaid invoice for what they lost because you over stayed.

ah that'll be 1.20 m'lud...

hehe

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They did not lose anything. It was a retail park with numerous restaurants/ As the one at Frankie & benny's was full and does not charge people I parked on a nearby one at KFC. They have a 75 minute limit apparently. There was no charge for parking there in the first place.

I have thought about going into KFC to see what they will do. Tell them I did some shopping at the retail park before using their restaurant - what do you think? Is it worth it?

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

do some reading in this forum

it is NOT A FINE

it is an invoice!!!

[problem]!!

dx

and they

I have thought about going into KFC to see what they will do. Tell them I did some shopping at the retail park before using their restaurant - what do you think? Is it worth it?

KFC are just a tenant of the landlord - whoever hires Civil Unenforcement is responsible.

You're best off getting back at the parking scamsters by saving all the letters they send you, making copies and putting them in an envelope and handing it back to the bloke in the car park. Write "You are wasting your life - we all know your fake parking tickets are toilet paper. Get a proper job loser" on the envelope.

That'll give you some satisfaction.

• 1 month later...

the next one will be the 'fake' solicitors one

just ignore the lot

they'll go away

dx

and they

You should expect these letters. It's how it works. You will receive more then one day they will stop. Nothing changes - no need to worry, no need to contact them, no need to deny anything. You are under no obligation whatsoever to deal with these people.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to be a pain and if this info is available elsewhere. Just worried that my credit rating, which is OK, may go downhill fast if I don't pay.

I have just received the notice "prior to county court proceedings" which mentions bailiffs etc so getting vry concerned.

Am I safe to keep ignoring these lettes or should I have just paid the money up-front to avoid this hassle?

Thanks

Yes, just keep ignoring. What you have received is another instalment of "lets scare the person into paying" scenario. For you credit rating to be harmed the case would have to go to court (very unlikely), you lose ( very, very unlikely) and then you don't pay whatever the judge orders within 28 days. As this is so unlikely to happen then it's not worth worrying about.

You said in your very first post, "I parked in a car park at a retail park longer than I should have". How do these goons know who "I" is?

The [problem] assumes that a breach of contract has taken place between the car park owners and the DRIVER of the car. They don't know who was driving it - so they have no-one to take to court even if they wanted to. The registered keeper of the vehicle is in no way liable for anything, just because they are the registered keeper.

Relax - they are just trying to scare you. Keep your cash where is belongs - in your bank account, not theirs.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, a quick update. Ihave noe received a further letter stating that if I do not pay within 7 days then Newlyn will pass the file back to their client for them to take court action. I am still ignoring these letters totally. Am I correct in assuming that they are close to giving up now as I do not intend to pay.

Thanks again for any advice

xddaver. Either you are a wind up merchant or you just do not read. IGNORE these clowns. They have no case!

It is exactly the same if I now send you a 'fine' for not taking advise on here. that will be £100 or I will reduce it toi £50 if you pay within 14 days. Then when you don't I will send you a letter threatening a debt collector. then I will send another increasing it even more and sening it back to me and threaten to take you to court.

Look. It is simple. They rely on people just like you who get tempted to cave in and pay. If you do pay, they will go away. If you ignore them, they will go away. There is no fine or case. Just think for a moment. Exactly what is it they wish to sue you for? A loss? What loss???? They lost nothing thus you owe them nothing. And in any event they would have to show their loss, justify it to a court, PROVE it was you who was driving and also prove that you entrered a contract to pay them money. They can do none of those, there is no case, there will be no court date.

As for your credit rating, they cannot even access your credit file any more than I can! So, they cannot harm it in any way.

If you ever actually get a court summons for this, which you won't, then come back and tell us. Otgherwise give yourself a slap for not reading this forum and realising IT IS A [problem].

Thank you for your advice. I am not a "wind-up merchant" and apologise for the fact that I do not have an entire day to spend reading this forum. I was merely trying to find out how long their charade would go on for! I am very grateful for the advice received but I will refrain from giving myself a slap!

LOL. I meant that tongue in cheek. Nobody suggested spending a whole day reading. 20 minutes would tell you everything already advised dozens of times elsewhere in the forum. You are not the first person to get one of these [problem]-0-voices and will not be the last. But the next person will pop on here and ask if they should pay. they will be advised to read the other threads and also told to ignore it. then they will come back and ask if they should pay now they have received another letter.....

I know you are worried. But you have nothing to worry about. These **** are just HOPING you will cave in and give them some money. Eventually they realise they are wasting stamps and give up. For every 10 or so that ignore them, another 10 will pay them! Good business for them.

• 10 months later...

this thread is over a year old!

ignore them totally

do some reading in the forum too

dx

and they

Thanks dfx. I have spent some time reading related threads on this forum - and reading them has given me the confidence and reassurance to do what they advise and ignore any letters from these companies...

But Although many people will give advice and say ignore them - the advice given isn't exactly reinforced with proven experience from those. If the advice was 'ignore them, I did when it happened to me, I had x amount of letters over a period of x and heard nothing etc'. Its difficult to help think they mean 'ignore them, thats what I would do!'

Hopefully, as xddaver posted this last year, their issue will have been resolved one way or another and will post some feedback on how it ended :)