Is it worth me making a claim? Hsbc charges

Kitten1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4984 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody,

I'm new to the forum but have been reading the various threads for a while. I could now do with your considerable knowledge as I've managed to confuse myself!! Not hard considering I'm heavily pregnant at the moment.....

I have been looking back over my bank statements online since about Dec 2009 and totted up all the charges we've had. In about 8mths, hsbc have kindly charged us about £1300 between our two accounts. These have consisted of the usual unauthorised od and returned items charges.

I would like to try and reclaim at least some of this money back as, even if I've paid in the funds to cover any items, hsbc later decide to return them! The sheer amount of money they have had off us is ridiculous seeing as how I pay funds into the accounts as soon as I notice what has happened. So, we are usually only over our od for a day or two when it happens. Their online banking is pathetic as it doesn't list all pending transactions, just dd's and so's due out or payments in.

Is it worth me even trying? And if so, how am I best approaching it?

Thanks xx

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

Just bumping this thread up....

I have decided to send hsbc the preliminary payment letter as I know exactly which charges I am hoping to reclaim. If anyone has any input for me on this matter I would be grateful.

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

Hi Kitten1 , :)

I'd say , just go for it .... send your Prelim letter ('Recorded Delivery') with the list or spreadsheet attached which supports what you're asking to be refunded ....

At the moment there are all sorts of issues awaiting clarification on the question of refunds ..... but that shouldn't stop you from going ahead...

Of course , you'll get the usual 'half-truths' letter about the Supreme Court Ruling .....i.e. " we won ,you lost , go away and don't bother us again ....... " . Just ignore it and send your LBA when the prelim period is up ......

And of course , come back and ask if you're in any doubt how to proceed further ..... someone will answer , and we're user -friendly on here ....:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

• 3 weeks later...

Yup,

Got the usual 'we won, you lost, now go away and don't bother us again' today in the post. Not best pleased about it!! They had obviously spent a while doing it as it ran on for four pages!!

What should I do now? Go for the lba??

• 2 weeks later...

In a word, if the suggested 2 week deadline is up since they received your prelim then, in a nutshell...yes :D

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

• 2 weeks later...

Only just got a chance to return to this as my baby arrived 2wks early!!

The 2wk deadline after the preliminary letter was up on the 13th Aug. Should I just post the lba now, even though it is a bit late? I've already got it typed out, just need to change the dates on it.

Not to worry kitten , better late than never ........ send it when you can ...........

and many congratulations on your new arrival ................ hope you are all OK .....and I'm sure the ladies of the forum are dying to know all the details ............ ;)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D