Jump to content

How do I appeal "case dismissed" as a claimant?


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I have taken my ex-landlord for court for breaching the housing act 2004 - he didnt protect my deposit within 14 days. On top of that he also didnt protect my deposit after I filed the court claim - nor indeed within the tenancy!


He finally did this before the hearing, DPS said couldnt protect deposit as filed after tenancy ended - placing it in a suspense acct (pending a Court Order for its release to either party).


Landlord also filed a very vexatious counterclaim (unsubstantiated) for damages, costs, and rent arrears, which he only dropped at the Trial 11 months later. Needless to say it took me a lot of time, evidence gathering and long witness statement and large Trial bundle of evidence to prove his claims false.


Even though the Judge said landlord had clearly breached the housing act, she dismissed my non-compliance claim and thus didnt apply the mandatory penalty - she also refused to give a Court Order, only a Consent Order (which the DPS is doubting enough to release the deposit money from their suspense account!).


On top of this judgment - she did not award any costs at all... not for the breach in housing act leading to filing the claim, nor for any costs in defending his counterclaim which he dropped at court.


There are numerous bits of the housing act which he is in clear breach of, and my case I feel is different to the high court ruling case (which renders the deposit protection laws toothless).


How can I raise an appeal as the claimant in the case? How much will it cost me to have case appealed? Are there any no-win-no-fee solicitors that may take this on as I cant afford much more as I "lost" costs last time!


Thanks in advance for any advice or directions you can point me to

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...