• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

GE Money PPI paid need to claim it back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone

i had a loan for £15k and was sold ppi for £2500.00 all paid now, the original agreement on the I section says the brokers name

THE PERSONAL LOAN EXPRESS, as far as i can remember this was done over the phone and the ppi was included at the time. the operator at the time was calculatig the monthly payment and i parted with them, the forms were sent to me with post it stickers where i signed it and sent it back at the time..

I called GE they say i have to call PINACLE INSURANCE and speak to them i need to write a letter to G E and claim PPI.

any help or if you can point me to right directions

Thank you

If GE provided the loan and took the monthly repayments then they are responsible, although they will almost certainly deny it.

I suggest you do a spreadsheet detailing the payments you have made and calculate the 8% statutory interest on top of each payment from the date of payment to the date you claim.

You can obtain this information from your credit agreement, which if you do not have will mean you need to do a full Subject Access Request to GE money requesting all information they hold on you as a data subject. This will include your credit agreement, statements etc.

Address the letter to the data protection officer and enclose a postal order for £10. Most important send by either recorded or special delivery as proof of postage. GE money must supply the information within 40 calendar days.

Any further questions do not hesitate to ask and someone will be able to help.

I myself have successfully reclaimed PPI on 2 barclaycard accounts and 4 loan accounts from barclays with the help of this fantastic site.

Good luck

DJ

Hello, DJ

Thank you for your super fast reply

i received the statemets which shows following

unpaid DD £20.00

missing istallment fee £30.00

calling in notice £25.00

settlement interest £286.00

settlement admi fee £200.00

Can i claim any of these amounts???

I want to send them a letter before action with the total claim, can you please let me know where i can find this or the best approach to GE?/ etc

Thanks again

Looser,

In order to calculate the amount of claim, we also need:

1) The amount of monthly PPI repayment

2) Date of first repayment

3) Total number of repayments

4) Amount of interest charged for PPI/ APR

If you send this info then we can work out how much you are owed.

DJ

Hi, DJ

Looser,

In order to calculate the amount of claim, we also need:

1) The amount of monthly PPI repayment

The monthly ppi was including the loan repayment, loan 15000.00 + 2500ppi = 17250.00 monthly payment of £364.02 starting from 27 sep 05

2) Date of first repayment

27 sep 05

3) Total number of repayments

13 payments in total, this includes some large amount to clear the loan asap, last payment was on 26 oct 07 £17051.12

4) Amount of interest charged for PPI/ APR

27/06/05 to 15/08/ interest 9.0600 % then it goes up till 20/09/2007 11.1600 %

If you send this info then we can work out how much you are owed.

DJ

i hope this helps you, i'm really confused, also it says duration of agreement 062 months, but i paid it off earlier,on the customer declaratio tick box of the agreement it is ticked on SINGLE COVER BOX. this loan was done over the phone..

Thanks again

Looser,

I know there is a lot to get your head around, but that is why there are more experienced people on the forum to help. We have all been there.

I have calculated the total of your claim to be:

PPI Charged: £2,500

Interest charged on PPI: £800.93

Statutory interest @ 8%: £255.29

Total claim = £3,556.22

Write a letter to GE money outlining why you believe the PPI was mis sold and requesting a refund of all premiums paid. Send either recorded or special delivery for proof of purchase. They must give a final response within 8 weeks.

Good luck

DJ

Looser,

I know there is a lot to get your head around, but that is why there are more experienced people on the forum to help. We have all been there.

I have calculated the total of your claim to be:

PPI Charged: £2,500

Interest charged on PPI: £800.93

Statutory interest @ 8%: £255.29

Total claim = £3,556.22

Write a letter to GE money outlining why you believe the PPI was mis sold and requesting a refund of all premiums paid. Send either recorded or special delivery for proof of purchase. They must give a final response within 8 weeks.

Good luck

DJ

Thanks DJ

I sent off the letter today and call them in couple of days to see if it is received and let you know the progress etc etc.

once again many thanks for your help

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,DJ

Received letter from GE on 29th july 2010 from resolution team saying that i have to get in touch with THE PERSONAL LOAN EXPRESS broker also sent me FOS leaflet too.. and mentioned FSCS

i paid the money to GE not to the broker

What do i do now?? really frustrated now has anybody claimed successfully from GE

kindly please advice

Thanks mate

Personally, I would contact the FOS by phone and seek their advice. They will be able to advise you on whether they can take the claim on or not.

Give them a call on Monday and see what they say.

DJ

are you any further forward, i have claim over 6 eyars old with ge money and nightmare to work with but not giving up

HALIFAX: PRE 6 year claim 1991-2006 WON 21/3/07 £2616

CAPITAL 1 - WON 19/3/07 £800.22

CAPITAL 1 - WON 19/3/07 £325.75

AQUA - MCOL 2/3/07 £172.79

ABBEY - MCOL 2/3/07 £261.37

HALIFAX VISA - WON default removal 19/3/07

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

GMAC -MCOL 7/2/07 £189.85

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

Ombudsman took details over the phone and said they will contact the brokerm they will respond to ppi missold, they are responsible for refund.

i now wait broker to reply and see what they have to say, ombudsman sent me a form & ppi questionair form t o send back to broker and copy to them as well.

now i wait and see ...

any help or suggestion as what else i can do to speed up process will be very much appreciated ..

Thanks again

how old is your claim?

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

Hi, DJ

Called GE today and spoke to their resolution team member, he says i have to go through broker as well.

Is there any other way around this??

Thanks again

how old is your claim

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

is the ruling from when loan was taken out or paid off

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

Wilkins,

Of course GE will tell you to chase the broker. They have already got your money from you and definitely do not want to give it back.

Personally, I would post a question on the legal forum asking for suggestions/advice. Have a feeling FOS are leading you on a fools earn.

Let us know what they say on the legal forum.

DJ

i posted on legal but no one answered as yet, plenty viewed tho.

i feel like running a lost cause, may give up on this one.

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

i posted on legal but no one answered as yet, plenty viewed tho.

i feel like running a lost cause, may give up on this one.

Don't give up just yet Looser, wait a bit longer for someone to reply in the legal forum and you certainly do still have the court route for this one at least.

DJ

i keep it going this weekend whilst on nights.....if no reply should i go court route

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07