• Tweets

• Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
    • Unless I've got an incorrect copy of the relevant regulation: The PCN is only deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch "unless the contrary is proved" in which case date of delivery does matter (not just date of posting) and I would like clarification of the required standard of proof. It seems perhaps this hasn't been tested. Since post is now barcoded for the Post Office's own tracking purposes perhaps there is some way I can get that evidence from the Post Office...
    • I would say You should accept it - I HIGHLY doubt you will  be able to claim for letters at trial ans they’re offering you that, which is higher monetary value than interest.   Also they raise a good point, getting interest at anything above 4% is lucky these days, yes judges give it, but rarily above 4%   Also you might find depending on the judge  you don’t get some costs if you take it all the way over £7.40 when court woukdnt award letters costs and thus meaning their award would be less than evris offer which was made    Up to you though but the wait will be 3-4mo for a trial date at least
    • Hi Folks, Been 162 days! Just by way of update. Today I received a text from Opos Ltd so no doubt Capquest are renting the debt out to anybody who fancies a nibble. Safe to say I will not be responding.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

MONTY v CREATION FINANCE

MONTY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://s947.photobucket.com/albums/ad315/AVALON970/?action=view&current=131010-DRYDENSPG1.jpg

http://s947.photobucket.com/albums/ad315/AVALON970/?action=view&current=131010-DRYDENSPG2.jpg

Pleae find attached links to latest missive from Drydens.

They have ignored my request for them to identify which 'true' copy their client is now reliant upon. They allege that I have changed my defence which apparently is not acceptable, yet it is perfectly acceptable for them to refer to three different reconstructions allegedly orininating on two different dates !!! ...and now they refer to a 'credit card' where their POC clearly refers to a 'storecard'....this gets better as each letter is received. And Creation are paying for this!?!

OK. No more table tennis. This has now got to go to Court.

Monty

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, shame, you've rattled their cage Monty :lol:

The letter is garbage but disguised to make it look credible. I wouldn't enter into any more correspondence with them just get a WS ready to go.

Have you heard anything further re. the directions you sent in with your AQ?

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Oh, shame, you've rattled their cage Monty :lol:

The letter is garbage but disguised to make it look credible. I wouldn't enter into any more correspondence with them just get a WS ready to go.

Have you heard anything further re. the directions you sent in with your AQ?

No not yet. I really want to report these clowns to SRA. They are trying to intimidate me when they know they have not got a leg to stand on. What do you think?

Monty

Their stated 'facts' are incorrect. They have not complied with your lawful request, and the Rankine & McGuffick cases do NOT IIRC say that obtaining a Judgement is not enforcement. Issuing a claim wasn't but obtaining a judgement was.

Have you reported Creation to the OFT yet? If not do so now!!

Unless I am mistaken re the above then IMHO they have definitely broken the SRA code with this one.

Can I ask what efforts they have made to sensibly negotiate ??

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Hi Monty,

Drydens are using the same tactics on you that Irwin Mitchell here in Scotland tried use in Creations case against me last month, fortunately they didn't succeed:

Their POC on my Summons were:

1. I appplied for a card,

2 I was Issued with a Card.

3. I used the card.

4. I made payments on the card.

But had they sent me a true copy of the CCA, No they had not and I knew this for a fact but couldnt't say how I knew.

As I said before they tried all the frightening tactics right up too abut 1 hour before the case was called in court. As we waited all morning for it to be called, then when we recessed for lunch,

their solicitor approached me to say he had received a message that he was not to proceed and would I accept a dismissal but fortunately for me SFU had warned me of this and I said it had to absolved, and he agreed without hesitation.

I know now it was all threats but at the time I was a bad of nerves I am sure SFU will confirm that.

They are hoping that you back down which I nearly did, had it not been for SFU time and patience.

Cheers

AFW

Their stated 'facts' are incorrect. They have not complied with your lawful request, and the Rankine & McGuffick cases do NOT IIRC say that obtaining a Judgement is not enforcement. Issuing a claim wasn't but obtaining a judgement was.

Have you reported Creation to the OFT yet? If not do so now!!

Unless I am mistaken re the above then IMHO they have definitely broken the SRA code with this one.

Can I ask what efforts they have made to sensibly negotiate ??

OK. Will submit complaints to OFT and SRA this week.

Negotiations? Basically, they sent me a letter demanding immediate payment of a sum which represented a discount of less than 10%. I rejected it and if you read my posts basically said 'I will see you in court'

Monty

I wrote to Consumer Direct this morning:

Sir,

I write with reference to the following OFT guidelines and statutes:

1. OFT guidance on unfair relationships and enforcement action under Part 8 of the Enterprise Act.

2. OFT Debt Collection Guidelines

3. Consumer Protection Form Unfair Trading 2008

4. Consumer Credit Act 1974

I also refer to Susan Edwards, Head of Credit and Enforcement, OFT, 2008 letter on the specific requirements of a 'true copy' of a credit agreement.

I am the defendant in a claim for alleged unpaid monies with Creation Finance Ltd. I submitted a requests under s78 CCA 1978 for a true copy of the alleged agreement. To date Creation have cited three different alleged reconstitutions of the purported agreement, each with a different address and no signature.

I know the OFT has publically stated they will take a 'very dim view...' of anyone who misleads debtors in this regard.

I seek you advice and guidance on how I might have the right authority look into this matter.

Regards,

They responded this evening and I have spoken to them on the phone. I was not instilled with confidence they would do anything. i asked if they would contact Creation and they could not confirm, although they did say my complaint would be given a high priority - whatever that means.

I am just compiling my Solicitors Regulating Authority complaint. Based on the Drydens letters I have already posted and referred to, especially post 101, is there anything I should be pointing out to the SRA?

Monty

Edited by MONTY

• 3 weeks later...
OK. Will submit complaints to OFT and SRA this week.

Negotiations? Basically, they sent me a letter demanding immediate payment of a sum which represented a discount of less than 10%. I rejected it and if you read my posts basically said 'I will see you in court'

Monty

Another offer from Drydens acknowledging that Creation have refunded charges debited to the account and offered to settle at just over £2000.00. Needless to say, I will see them in Court first.

Monty

Another offer from Drydens acknowledging that Creation have refunded charges debited to the account and offered to settle at just over £2000.00. Needless to say, I will see them in Court first.

Monty

having weitten to me on the 4th November giving me 14 days to consider their offer, Dryden wrote to the court on the 12th November saying '...whilst the Claimant has attempted to enter into negotiations with the Defendant,and has made offers of settlement, these have all gone unanswered (not true). The Claimant is anxious to draw the matter to a close before excessive legal costs are incurred and is in the process of finalising an application for Summary Judgement...In the circumstances we would ask that the Court list a final Small Claims hearing on the first available sate after 35 days to allow sufficient time for the Claimant's application to be filed and heard by the Court...'

They have short memories. I responded to their first offer rejecting the same, requiring them to identify which of the three different reconstructions is a 'true' copy of the alleged agreement they are relliant upon - they have not responded.

The time frame they have set for a responce to theit latest offer has yet to expire (18th November). I can only take it that their letter to the court is a deliberat attempt to mislead the Court.

Monty

having weitten to me on the 4th November giving me 14 days to consider their offer, Dryden wrote to the court on the 12th November saying '...whilst the Claimant has attempted to enter into negotiations with the Defendant,and has made offers of settlement, these have all gone unanswered (not true). The Claimant is anxious to draw the matter to a close before excessive legal costs are incurred and is in the process of finalising an application for Summary Judgement...In the circumstances we would ask that the Court list a final Small Claims hearing on the first available sate after 35 days to allow sufficient time for the Claimant's application to be filed and heard by the Court...'

They have short memories. I responded to their first offer rejecting the same, requiring them to identify which of the three different reconstructions is a 'true' copy of the alleged agreement they are relliant upon - they have not responded.

The time frame they have set for a responce to theit latest offer has yet to expire (18th November). I can only take it that their letter to the court is a deliberat attempt to mislead the Court.

Monty

Text of my letter going to Drydens by recorded delivery tomorrow:

Dear Sir,

Reference: Creation Financial Services-v-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Claim No. xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter of the 12th November copying me into your letter to the Court Manager, Plymouth County Court.

I am obliged to point out to you and to the Court several errors in your letter which is blatantly misleading.

Firstly, you offers have not ‘…all gone unanswered…’ I draw your attention to my letter of the 11th October 2010 (copy enclosed), which you have failed to fully respond to.

As detailed in my letter, I still await for you to indentify which of the three ‘true’ copies of an alleged agreement which you have provide, is the reconstituted copy your client is reliant upon. I note that your clients Particulars of Claim have yet to be amended. I remain therefore confused as to the details of your clients claim.

I would remind you that your client has written to me and confirmed that they do not have in their possession any agreement, yet you are still providing different alleged ‘true’ copies of the same. Therefore, the three different copies of the alleged agreement you aver to be ‘true’ are either false or your client has failed in their duty to accurately respond to my Subject Access Request. I would be grateful if you would clarify this matter.

Secondly, your latest offer of settlement dated the 4th November 2010, which now reflects a different sum from that detailed in your clients Particulars of Claim, does not require a response until the 18th November 2010. Once you have fully responded to my letter of the 11th October 2010 I will respond to your latest offer of compromise.

For the above reasons I feel that your letter is yet another example of your misconduct in this matter and a obvious disregard of the Solicitor’s Code of Conduct. You will be aware that I have already drawn the matter of your conduct to the attention of the Solicitor’s Regulation Authority (SRA). For completeness, a copy of your letter of the 12th November 2010 will now be forwarded to the same.

Yours faithfully,

Well done Monty, put them in their place!

I suspect that this letter is for your 'benefit'. Love this bit:

and is in the process of finalising an application for Summary Judgement...In the circumstances we would ask that the Court list a final Small Claims hearing on the first available sate after 35 days

Since when did the courts set aside hearing dates on the pretext that a claimant MAY submit an app? Put your money where your mouth is, Messrs Dryden. Either apply for an SJ or don't but don't think statements like this are anything but threats. Cheeky bs!!

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Text of my letter going to Drydens by recorded delivery tomorrow:

Dear Sir,

Reference: Creation Financial Services-v-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Claim No. xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter of the 12th November copying me into your letter to the Court Manager, Plymouth County Court.

I am obliged to point out to you and to the Court several errors in your letter which is blatantly misleading.

Firstly, you offers have not ‘…all gone unanswered…’ I draw your attention to my letter of the 11th October 2010 (copy enclosed), which you have failed to fully respond to.

As detailed in my letter, I still await for you to indentify which of the three ‘true’ copies of an alleged agreement which you have provide, is the reconstituted copy your client is reliant upon. I note that your clients Particulars of Claim have yet to be amended. I remain therefore confused as to the details of your clients claim.

I would remind you that your client has written to me and confirmed that they do not have in their possession any agreement, yet you are still providing different alleged ‘true’ copies of the same. Therefore, the three different copies of the alleged agreement you aver to be ‘true’ are either false or your client has failed in their duty to accurately respond to my Subject Access Request. I would be grateful if you would clarify this matter.

Secondly, your latest offer of settlement dated the 4th November 2010, which now reflects a different sum from that detailed in your clients Particulars of Claim, does not require a response until the 18th November 2010. Once you have fully responded to my letter of the 11th October 2010 I will respond to your latest offer of compromise.

For the above reasons I feel that your letter is yet another example of your misconduct in this matter and a obvious disregard of the Solicitor’s Code of Conduct. You will be aware that I have already drawn the matter of your conduct to the attention of the Solicitor’s Regulation Authority (SRA). For completeness, a copy of your letter of the 12th November 2010 will now be forwarded to the same.

Yours faithfully,

Letter sent today and a copy hand delivered to the court

Monty

• 4 weeks later...
Letter sent today and a copy hand delivered to the court

Monty

I have been of-line for a while and by way of an update - Drydens responded about a month ago. Predictably, they do not agree their letter to the Court was misleading. They have confirmed that 'the passage of time (and subsequently transfer) has understandably placed our client in some difficulties with regard to documentation...that being said, we believe you have now been provided with documentation sufficient to meet (S78) requirment...'

The SRA have acknowledged receipt and are investigating my complaint.

A hearing has been set for March 2011 provided the Claimant pays a hearing fee of £300 by 20.12.2010 'The original documents shall be brought to the hearing..' Now that will be interesting, considering the original agreement does not exist (as they have already admitted).

Drydens have written 'As our client's offers of settlement have gone unanswered, we would invite your own proposals for settlement of the claim by return...' I am tempted to respond along the lines that as they have already admitted their client's claim is seriously flawed and they should drop their claim and I will not persue them for costs. This of course would be without prejudice to my SRA complaint against Drydens.

Monty

Sounds like a fair offer to me Monty.

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

IMO, wait until the 20th. If they don't pay the hearing fee, go for a strike out immediately or it will probably just get stayed pending their messing about.

If they pay the hearing fee, write your 'settlement' letter. Nothing ventured etc.

BTW, don't rely on a DJ insisting on originals at any hearing no matter what it says on the court papers.

IMO, wait until the 20th. If they don't pay the hearing fee, go for a strike out immediately or it will probably just get stayed pending their messing about.

If they pay the hearing fee, write your 'settlement' letter. Nothing ventured etc.

BTW, don't rely on a DJ insisting on originals at any hearing no matter what it says on the court papers.

How do I apply for a strike out, is it N224?

• 3 weeks later...
N244 monty

The hearing fee has been paid.

I intend sending the following:

Dear Sir,

Reference: Creation Financial Services-v-xxxx xxxxxxx Claim No. xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter of the xxx December 2010, the contents of which I note.

I am aware of District Judges xxxxx listing and note that it requires that the original documents be brought to hearing.

You have confirmed that your client does not hold the original documents required by District Judge xxxxx. Further, you have previously confirmed that you cannot produce a true copy of any alleged agreement and/or default notice or reconstitution of the same.

I have already pointed out to you the requirements of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Office of Fair Trading guidance on the provision of properly reconstituted agreements and related information. The sanction under the Act for non-compliance with an information request is unenforceability of the credit. Where there is such a failure, the courts have no discretion to allow enforcement.

I have asked you to bring to your clients attention Regulation 5 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading and Office of Fair Trading debt collection guidance (Final guidance on unfair business practices) July 2003 (updated December 2006).

I note from your clients Allocation Questionnaire section G has been completed and that costs of £3500-£4500 will be claimed. This seems particular high considering this case is allocated to the small claims track. However, this is a matter for your Client and the Court. As a litigant In Person I will be claiming a similar amount to two thirds that being claimed by your client and asking the Court to consider Wulfsohn v Legal Services Commission in this regard. I will also be asking District Judge xxxxx to consider CPR 44.3.

I have repeatedly pointed out the errors and flaws in your client’s case. I now offer your client the opportunity to discontinue their claim and avoid any further costs and wasting more of the Courts time.

The above offer is made without prejudice to current considerations being made by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with regard to your conduct and behaviours in this matter.

Yours faithfully,

IMHO, you need to make your offer clearer. i.e. you are offering a no costs opportunity for them to withdraw.

You could/should also use BOS -v- Mitchell to ram home your point - In BOS v Mitchell the bank caved in at the last moment on a simple matter of Law (actually a similar matter to yours but less blatantly obvious) and the Judge stung BOS for indemnity costs of £20k IIRC £15+ payable on account and the rest to be assessed

I agree with gh, monty. The above looks a bit waffley & therefore weak. You are in a postion of strength, use it!

seeing as what has already been ccd to the Court, I would seriously think about sending that offer in as well (once it is properly sorted with the standard non-admission phrase as well)

I know you are not supposed to ... but as a LiP, you are bound to make these little 'mistakes' ;)

seeing as what has already been ccd to the Court, I would seriously think about sending that offer in as well (once it is properly sorted with the standard non-admission phrase as well)

I know you are not supposed to ... but as a LiP, you are bound to make these little 'mistakes' ;)

How is this:

Thank you for your letter of the xxx December 2010, the contents of which I note.

No debt to your client is acknowledged. However, I would like to offer your client a no cost opportunity to withdraw their claim.

I am aware of District Judges xxxxxxx listing and note that it requires that the original documents be brought to hearing. You have confirmed that your client does not hold the original documents required by District Judge xxxxxx. Further, you have previously confirmed that you cannot produce a true copy of any alleged agreement, its terms and conditions and/or default notice or a true reconstitution of the same.

I have already pointed out to you the requirements of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Office of Fair Trading guidance on the provision of properly reconstituted agreements and related information. The sanction under the Act for non-compliance with an information request is unenforceability of the credit. Where there is such a failure, the courts have no discretion to allow enforcement.

I note from your clients Allocation Questionnaire section G has been completed and that costs of £3500-£4500 will be claimed. As a litigant In Person I will be claiming a similar amount to two thirds that being claimed by your client and asking the Court to consider Wulfsohn v Legal Services Commission in this regard. I will also be asking District Judge xxxxxxx to consider CPR 44.3. I would also draw your attention to Bank of Scotland v. Mitchell (2009).

I have repeatedly pointed out the errors and flaws in your client’s case. I now offer your client the opportunity to discontinue their claim and avoid any further costs and wasting more of the Courts time.

For clarity, I am offering a no costs opportunity for your client to withdraw their claim. This offer is open for acceptance only until 4:00 PM Wednesday 18th January 2011 after which date it is withdrawn.

The above offer is made without prejudice to current considerations being made by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Office of Fair Trading with regard to your conduct and behaviours in this matter.

Yours faithfully,

And yes I will copy the Court in to the final letter

It's worth noting the dubious, if allegedly legal, practices that Creation resort to. I got a laptop from an electrical dealership last month, with a deposit and apparently interest free credit for the remainder, over 6 months. A simple, straightforward transaction, you may think. The retailer's financial agents are Creation Consumer Finance. Having spoken to Creation about paying this on time, they eventually wrote to me with their bank details, over TEN days after I requested it. They did not include the monthly payments I needed to make in order to evade punitive interest charges, as they explicitly said they would do. I rang them again, and they said that it 'isn't company policy' to include the payment rate, but the call is being recorded so it can be considered as evidence. Evidence they might conceivably 'lose' if the situation warrants it. In other words, they don't give you documentary evidence in case they claim you haven't paid the full amount on time, and interest subsequently kicks in. Anyway, I worked it out with them over the 'phone, and instructed my bank to make the staggered payments to the full amount payable well before the last date for the 6-month period. I also asked my bank to give me a copy of this transaction for future reference. So, be careful, as they may try to get you to breach your agreement; they're not very helpful, not very customer-friendly in recent experience, and they also charge a £25 'administration fee' (code for a freebie to them) for the customer settling the transaction on time and in full! It sems to me that they operate in a very irregular and manipulative way to squeeze as much as possible out of the hapless and, in some cases, less than knowledgeable customer. Be careful ...

How is this:

No debt to your client is acknowledged. However, I would like to offer your client a no cost opportunity to withdraw their claim.

I am aware of District Judges xxxxxxx listing and note that it requires that the original documents be brought to hearing. You have confirmed that your client does not hold the original documents required by District Judge xxxxxx. Further, you have previously confirmed that you cannot produce a true copy of any alleged agreement, its terms and conditions and/or default notice or a true reconstitution of the same.

I note from your clients Allocation Questionnaire section G has been completed and that costs of £3500-£4500 will be claimed. As a litigant In Person I will be claiming a similar amount to two thirds that being claimed by your client and asking the Court to consider Wulfsohn v Legal Services Commission in this regard. I will also be asking District Judge xxxxxxx to consider CPR 44.3. I would also draw your attention to Bank of Scotland v. Mitchell (2009).

For clarity, I am offering a no costs opportunity for your client to withdraw their claim. This offer is open for acceptance only until 4:00 PM Wednesday 18th January 2011 after which date it is withdrawn.

The above offer is made without prejudice to current considerations being made by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Office of Fair Trading with regard to your conduct and behaviours in this matter.

Yours faithfully,

And yes I will copy the Court in to the final letter

I will assume all is OK with the text of this letter and send it off tomorrow unless there are any further comments from caggers?

Monty

don't put in the deny the debt bit as it just annoys people - just leave it out completely - actually leave out the 2nd para completely

put in a time limit, but not the withdrawing bit

otherwise looks ok

Good luck

:D