dpa request

violet.o
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I haven't got dates for each penalty charges, only totals.

I call to bank to get statements and agreements but the account its close now and they have old address in system, so if i will request statement they will sent them on my old address. They advice me to write to them request change of address and copy of statements and agreements and include cheque for 5pounds.

Will be really fantastic if you could help me with the letter please.

I have no legal training, I'm based on my own personal experiences.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Violet,

I suggest you send this letter to Barclays.

Dear sir or madam,

Subject Access Request - Account No xxxx xxxx

Please note my new address as shown above to be used for all correspondence.

I refer to my SAR of xxdate.

You have replied giving total figures for default charges made to my account. However, I require the date that each charge was applied to my account.

Please supply this data within 14 days, either by a list or by supplying copy bank statements.

I have already paid the £10 fee as required.

Yours faithfully,

Violet

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

hi martin I feel like I am stalking you, any idea on when you will be able to take a look atr my virgin case????

thanks

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

Hi just get today all bank statements, after sending letter which slick132 written for me. Thank you so much for support.

What to do next with all info which i have now?

Hi Violet,

You must go through the statements to find each "penalty" charge and make a list of them.

Charges to include will be:-

Paid Referral Fees

Unauthorised O/D Fees

Unpaids Out

Reserve Usage Fee

You will then put the bank charges onto a spreadsheet. You can read more about this in the "Reclaiming Charges Guide" at Link No1 in my signature below.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

as fare i can see i have:

interest charged

account fee

ref 234 2916322200 - do you know what it is? is it a Short name for Reserve Usage Fee?

Hi Violet,

Ignore the interest charged for now.

Reserve Fees should be easy to spot because they'll be repeated often and will be the same amount each time.

The amounts to look for are £22 and £8.

Paid Referral Fees are in my list above and should be reclaimed.

How often does the Account Fee appear and how much is it.

i only was charge for: paid referral fee, unpaid out and this account fee

haven't got any charges for unauthorized and reserve usage fee

its looks like i have been charge for account fee every month of £4, £5, £6.50 and £14.50

Is this an Additions Account ? If you agreed to have the Additions a/c, you cannot reclaim these monthly fees.

Is this an Additions Account ? If you agreed to have the Additions a/c, you cannot reclaim these monthly fees.

Well it is additions plus.

All unpaid out and paid refferal charges i have 1290, could you please let me know how to account overdraft interest charges?

thank you so much.

this a/c opened my husband but after while he add me on so don't know if he agreed to have Additions Plus a/c.

On this spreadsheet is add 8% interest APR what it is? is it this overdraft interest charges or this 8% which i can clam after in court?

Ma by will be worth try to clam this overdraft charges, if wouldn't get them will be ok.

Slick132 its so kind of you then you are helping me. Im really pleased, let me know if part of donation i can anything else do for you.

The spreadsheet adds Statutory Interest at 8% which you would claim if the case went to court.

As you will claim the refund of charges because of Hardship, you will not take the case to court. But I would still claim the 8% anyway so leave it showing on the spreadsheet. Each time you open the spreadsheet, it will update the interest to the date you open it again.

As I said above, I would NOT claim the overdraft interest as this may complicate matters.

It is my pleasure to help you. If you get some money back from the bank, a donation to the Site will be very much appreciated as it will help us to keep helping others.

• 1 month later...

Hi i back :)

I did post to Barclay's request of repayment charges on 6/8/10

didn't get any replay.

I attached the letter which i sent to them,

i received from Credit Solution letter which I'm including as well.

Please let me know what to do next.

Many thanks

201.pdf

img031.pdf

Hi Violet,

You've only posted a link to the letter from CSL. But no matter as we don't need to see the letter to Barclays.

I suggest you write to CSL saying the a/c is in dispute with the bank regarding their charges as yours is a Hardship case. Tell them to back off until the issues with the bank are resolved.

:-)

Yes Violet, sorry I didn't mention this.

Write a further letter to Barclays saying you need a reply urgently as this is a Hardship case.

Enclose a copy of the first letter and ask that they respond within 7 days, or you will complain to the FOS.

8-)

Hi slick

I call today to CSL and i explain to them everything, but i was advice then they can hold the account only for 48h and after tis time some one can come in to my house collect cash. I know then you ask me to write to them, but you know then English isn't my first language and its so difficile to write for me, so could you pleas write this letter for me please.

Many thanks

Violet

is there anywhere template letter which i can use i meed one for = further letter to Barclay'slink3.gif saying you need a reply urgently as this is a hardshiplink3.gif case

and other one to CSL saying the a/c is in dispute with the bank regarding their charges as yours is a hardshiplink3.gif case. Tell them to back off until the issues with the bank are resolved.

Please, if no can you help to me write them please.

Hi Violet,

No one can come to your house and collect cash. The tell you rubbish when you speak to them by phone.

Letter to Barclays,

Dear sir or madam,

Account No xxxx xxxx

I refer to my letter dated 6th August, to which I have received no reply. I enclose a copy of the letter for reference.

As my claim concerns the matter of a refund while suffering Financial Hardship, this should be dealt with urgently.

Unless I have your considered response within 10 days, I shall refer the matter to the FOS as a formal complaint.

Until this is resolved, kindly tell CSL not to harass me further or I will include their harassment in my FOS complaint.

Yours faithfully,

Letter to CSL,

Dear sir or madam,

Your reference - xxxxxx xxxxxx

I refer to my phone call to your office today when I told you this Barclays account is in dispute. I have now taken advice about this matter.

I enclose a copy of my letter sent today to Barclays. Until this is resolved with the bank, you must not contact me further, in accordance with the OFT Debt Collection Guidelines.

You told me you could only hold back collection on the account for 48 hours and, after that, someone can come to my house seeking cash payment from me. This is not permitted and your misleading advice amounts to harassment [False Representation, OFT DC Guidelines s.2.4(b)].

Accordingly, I will report this to the FOS as a formal complaint, and I suggest you do not contact again.

Yours faithfully,

Send the letters by Recorded Delivery.

:-)