• Tweets

• More than 364,000 cases of fraud were recorded to the National Fraud Database in 2019 - the highest ever recorded View the full article
    • If its a domestic address and a normal account, thought they could only bill who is on the Tenancy agreement or Mortgage, as isn't a Tenancy in Common. if Joint tenancy and other party gone, didn't think children who have gained majority can be held liable, as not on any paperwork, apart from Electoral roll.  Is a Lodger liable?
    • Thank you so much for explaining that to me much appreciated 
    • It's not so bad then.  1250L is the standard tax code, and means he can earn £12500 pounds without paying tax, and then just pay tax on anything he earns over that amount.   Due to technically being out of work, and claiming UC, and now going back to work, the code is saying that he will pay tax on anything earned over £6500 pounds now, but it is under review and should change within the next 8-12 weeks, and if he has overpaid in the meantime, then it will be refunded via his paycheck.   The only reason for this is I am assuming that while shielding, his company did not keep him on the books.  If HMRC have got a record of him being on the books, and claiming UC, this will be them determining that he hasn't been trying to fraud the system by being paid as employed at the same time as claiming UC.  Once they clear that up, then they will correct the tax code.  So long as all his earnings and benefits all add up and they are happy then it will be back to normal.
    • Good Afternoon,   I am hoping to receive some advice regarding the below topic.   I was looking to purchase a property off-plan with a incentive attached and in order to secure this you pay a 'finder's fee'.     The fee was paid but then the property was un-mortgageable due to various reasons including the incentive being offered.   Having gone back to the agent to ask for a return of the finder's fee - they have refused saying that the incentive does not need to be disclosed and that essentially my broker is useless and I should use theirs!   Their broker also advised it would be hard to get a mortgage with the incentive disclosed which backs up what my broker has said.    This fee will now be kept on account.     I signed a form which confirms that the finders fee is non refundable - which was my error I should have checked if the property was mortgageable beforehand - however I wondered if there was anything I could do because:   The property is un-mortgageable - my broker tried all lenders including those who are happy with the incentive which was offered They have advised to withhold information which is clearly questioned in the mortgage application process   This is not a case of pulling out, this is a case that I cannot get finance and so cannot proceed.   Thanks in advance.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
atrisk

Lloyds TSB have given my new address to my violent ex

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3671 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have just found out that C & G through Lloyds tsb have given my new address to my violent ex even though told under no circumstances to ever reveal my address. They have placed me and my children at risk and I have no option but to move. I now have to contemplate suing them for breach, they admitted they had reviewed the phone call with my ex and my address was given, I just dont know what to do next aside from move

I have just found out that C & G through Lloyds tsb have given my new address to my violent ex even though told under no circumstances to ever reveal my address. They have placed me and my children at risk and I have no option but to move. I now have to contemplate suing them for breach, they admitted they had reviewed the phone call with my ex and my address was given, I just dont know what to do next aside from move

Hi atrisk:)

That's absolutely appalling, but from my own experience to be expected from the likes of Lloyds/C&G I'm afraid - you have my sympathy and I sincerely hope the worst case scenario will not occur.

I don't know what to advise as this is really not my field, other than to ask whether there is anywhere you and your children could stay that your violent ex doesn't know about? Have you spoken to anyone at Shelter about this?

I will ask the site team to move your post to a thread of it's own so that the advice you get will be specific to your situation and will not get confused with this rather old thread.

I know it's easy to say but please try not to panic - you have come to the right place and you should at least feel in safe hands here.

Very sorry I can't be of more help.

Landy x

• Haha 1

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

New thread started.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

New thread started.

Thanks Scott - hopefully the OP will return in order for the good folk of Cag to put her mind at rest :)

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Thank you for your help, bit of a novice when it comes to this!

I had a phone call from Lloydstsb tonight to tell me the person who revealed my address has been severely reprimanded and is that ok, am I happy??!! I said no, I am now in a position that I no longer feel safe due to your actions and that over the weekend it has become very clear my only action is to move, which I expect the bank to fund as it is entirely their faults that I am in this position, they put me and my children at risk. The local police have logged it and have been v supportive but agree moving is probably the only option for our sanity etc. I wonder if anyone has experienced a similar experience and if I am expecting too much to assume they should pay for the costs in dealing with me moving to another house? Would suing for breach of the data protection act with a huge weighing upon the distress it is causing my children and I, be successful? I really do feel this is the only option

Hi atrisk:)

Like yourself I'm a total novice when it comes to a situation like this, although I do have experience of C&G's sheer negligence of their customers' vulnerabilty.

Hopefully someone more experienced in these matters will be able to advise.

I am pleased you have got the police involved and hope that they continue to be supportive of your situation.

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

No, I don't think you are being unreasonable in taking them to task over their gross incompetence and irresponsible actions, not to mention appalling breach of the DPA.

The 1st thing is to put you out of risk, so start the process to move, whatever that is, I'm sorry to say that's not my field of competence, and keep every receipt, track every penny that you have to spend in order to relocate you and your children, including reconnecting services etc...

Once you are nice and safe in your new location, present the bill to them and say pay up or see you in court, and I would also ask for a couple of thousands in compensation for the distress and risk they put you under. In other words, kick their corporate arses from here to tomorrow and back. :mad:

The only problem with this is that you will have to meet those expenses upfront as you can not put a price on how much it will cost you to relocate and you don't want to end up out of pocket.

I hope there are local agencies which can help you move out of risk quickly. Please keep us updated, so we know you're safe.

They don't have a leg to stand on and they know it, so don't hesitate in giving them a hard time. :mad:

I had yet another phone call from the bank who, to quote "appreciate it will cost the company some money" and that I should write a list of the costs that may be incurred to move and they will consider reasonable costs. Surely they should pay all the costs?? Plus compensation for distress to myself and the children. She also said that she appreciates I have to do all the work in finding a property etc. At least they are fully admitting their mistake. I just hope that they do pay all costs. My thought is am I right to just continue the dialogue whilst they appear to be wanting to work with me, and hold off from going down the court for breach of data protection? I am thinking they may make a really insulting offer and I will end up having to do it anyway?? Any advice is gratefully received.

First tell them you don't want them to phone you any more, you want all communications in writing. Otherwise, way down the line, there's nothing stopping them denying it all. :mad:

I suggest you write to them setting out what has been said in the phone conversations, and add that you do expect them to "consider" reasonable costs, you expect them to cover ALL costs associated with your having to move because of their negligence, AND appropriate compensation (you might want to let them know they should think in thousands, not hundreds) so they know you're not going to be a pushover.

Yes, you can leave the DPA breach for now, you have 6 years to sue them so don't fret about that, just remember that if they want to buy your confidentiality, that carries an additional price tag to the compensation one. ;-)

This is atrocious ....with you all the way atrisk , you get your family safe then go for the jugular :)

They just rang yet again, wanting to know the log number of the police report and the criminal convictions of my ex husband. They also stated that they would write to me as they do whenever they receive a complaint. I shall ask for everything to be put into writing, thanks bookworm! I now have the direct line number for a senior review manager for customer services and she said she will be my point of contact. I asked for her email address but she said she would be unable to reply via there...warning bells are now ringing as you are right bookworm, they could claim that they havent admitted it! I shall make sure i record everything in writing and ask for an address to send it to, and i shall request all contact via writing also. I appreciate your help x

Would it be possible to ask for a copy of the phone call my ex made where they revealed my address or will they withold that due to data protection? I just wondered if I can ask for it as they stated that they record all phone calls?

You could ask by sending in a SAR making sure you highlight you want a copy/transcript of EVERY phone call.. but I'll take a bet they will try to do everything in their power not to comply. :rolleyes:

I have got a little legal advice and I am now in the process of writing them a letter stating the events to date including dates, times and names of people from the company I have spoken with, their verbal admittances of the breach and requesting that a copy of all phone conversations are retained in relation to my calls and the one where the breach took place, I am also mentioning the distress caused and that they are aware that a house move is inevitable and ask them to acknowledge confirmation of the letter and a response. Fingers crossed that might mean I will have written admittance. I have also been told to contact the Information Commissioners Office who can offer me some advice and may decide to prosecute. Thank you all for your advice, it has and continues to really help during this "PNAR" time xx

The farce continues, the bank sent me a generic letter about my "complaint" today about the breach, of course making sure they didn't at any point mention their "mistake", but they also managed to put someone else's letter in my envelope so they have breached that person's data protection! I have made a formal complaint to the ombudsman and have contacted the person who's letter I have and he is also going to make a complaint. Absolutely shocking behaviour on behalf of LLoyds tsb and Cheltenham and Gloucester!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I know, what is the expression....brewery....drink..a....organise...in...couldn't.. a... they (re order to suit) lol

The expression I favour myself is:

"couldn't find own arse with both hands" :rolleyes:

i hope you have contacted the police and they have given you a crime scene number,if not you need to go to the stn and ask for the desk seargent and also ask that they (the police) get all phone transcripts from the bank and also statements from the bankas you need it for evidence ? but the bank may start to deny this event

patrickq1

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

The expression I favour myself is:

"couldn't find own arse with both hands" :rolleyes:

tut tut bookie ,

their brains are stuck up their arse...or they need new jobs with broomsticks stuck up their arses ,na on second thots thats jobs for bankers ...

patrickq1

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Thanks Patrickq1 yes I have contacted the police and got a log reference number and I have written to the mortgage company telling them I want them to retain all recordings, especially the one with my ex husband and any calls involving myself and their company, I also asked them to acknowledge my letter (sent by recorded delivery) and to respond in writing. Other than buying my own tape recorder I dont know what else I can do.

And bookworm I agree!! AS USEFUL AS CHOCOLATE TEAPOTS the lot of them!

You have a limited right under the Data Protection Act to tell an individual or organisation to stop processing information about you if it is causing you unwarranted and substantial damage or distress. You should make this clear and must be done in writing:

• Who you are
  • What the processing is that you object to. This could relate to the use that is being made of the information or it could be the information itself. You may object to who the information is being released to and how it is being processed
  • Why this processing is causing you unwarranted and substantial damage or distress. Or, if the processing has not yet begun why it will be likely to do this
  • It would be advisable to send this by recorded delivery.

Exemptions

This right does not apply to any processing done

• with your consent
  • that is necessary to carry out a contract
  • that is necessary to prepare, with your agreement, to enter a contract
  • that is necessary to carry out any legal obligation that applies to the organisation except those relating to contracts
  • that is necessary to protect your vital interests

What can you expect in response?

The organisation should reply in 21 days and explain what, if anything, they are going to do in response. They should also give their reasons if they think your demand is not justified in any way.

If you are not satisfied with the response you can then apply to a court and the court will decide whether, or how far, your demands should be met.

You should keep a copies of all the correspondence relating to the matter. Also record the dates of any communications. This will be important evidence for the court to consider.

IF HE HAS BEEN CHARGED AT ANYTIME WITH VCIOLENCE AGAINST YOU THEN CONTACT THIS

Our agencies and organisations - Ministry of Justice

He has, I wrote to the company way back last feb and told them this, i also reiterated it this January.