Revenue Protection Support Services - Train fine (lying officer)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i beg to differ a bank must accept your authority to make payment provided you have funds available otherwise to refuse is libel.....

I have to say that this is not my area of expertise and you may well be right, but I am of the understanding that anyone can refuse to accept a cheque

Whilst this is 'off beam' so far as the actual thread is concerned, it's an interesting diversion and I'd like to know the definitive answer if anyone in the much maligned banking industry can enligten us?

My understanding is that a bank is only obligated to those account holders who have sufficient funds on deposit.

That presumes the bank accepting a cheque knows in advance the person who is endorsing the cheque or promissory note and knows that they have sufficient funds immediately available on account to cover it. That could only be so if the account and holder is already known to them or, advance agreement to accept has been reached on confirmation of that persons account status.

A rail company is not a bank. It is a private business like many other traders and we see many examples in everyday life of the sellers of goods and services, including big store groups & major retailers, putting up signs saying 'No Cheques'.

Are you saying that these are always illegal or libellous?

I'd really like to know the answer to that one.

Edited by Old-CodJA

no its not libelous for any company to refuse cheques, but banks have an obligation to accept a prommissary note ie cheque...

patrickq1

but funds must be available to clear this note ,

a farmer wrote a cheque out on the side of a cow and took it into the bank lol they had to pay out ...dont ask what happened to the cow as i have'nt a clue lol

no its not libelous for any company to refuse cheques, but banks have an obligation to accept a prommissary note ie cheque...

patrickq1

but funds must be available to clear this note ,

a farmer wrote a cheque out on the side of a cow and took it into the bank lol they had to pay out ...dont ask what happened to the cow as i have'nt a clue lol

Thanks patrick1,

Yes, I understand that may be the position with a bank, but my point is that the TOC do not have to accept a cheque.

If a.n.other attempted to write a cheque on something that will incur unacceptable handling charges or administration costs, or was simply considered inconvenient, surely the vendor of goods or service can simply say 'We cannot accept a cheque in this instance, you may pay by cash subject to legal tender rules, or a recognised and authorised credit / debit card, bankers draft or postal order"

No law is broken by doing so.

Having researched this a little further, it seems that the banks are not now obligated to accept a cheque written on anything and in part as a result of anti-fraud legislation, many now have terms and conditions, which specifically state that they will only honour those cheques issued by themselves.

As an aside, I understand that in the case of the cow, the bank insisted on keeping the cow as evidence of the promissory note which was written for one penny, (it was a protest at tax levels making his stock almost worthless), but the bank then had to pay the farmer the market value of the cow in order to keep the note.

Edited by Old-CodJA

why dont you just accept the fact that you were actually in the wrong and that the PF was issued correctly?

Views expressed in this forum by me are my own personal opinion and you take it on face value! I make any comments to the best of my knowledge but you take my advice at your own risk.

why dont you just accept the fact that you were actually in the wrong and that the PF was issued correctly?

That's it in a nutshell RPI

It's sadly a fact that, the longer the procrastination goes on, the only person losing time & money in looking for ways to inconvenience the TOC is the recipient of the Notice. No-one at the TOC will be losing any sleep worrying about that.

It might be satisfying for some, but in reality there's nothing to be gained from simply being awkward.

Where there is a strong case for appeal, I'll always try to help you win one, but I'm afraid that isn't the case here.

Yes. I am a criminal. I am evil. I totally deserve to pay for a service I have not received. I deserve no appeal. It is all my fault. I'm so (edit) stupid. Throw away the key!!

I don't get how anyone can do the job they do. The potential risks outweigh the reward. I think the line about (edit), (edit) and (edit) in Team America sums it up.

I just hope none of these parasites end up in my care. They'll regret it. What goes around comes around. An eye for an eye. Anyone can make mistakes, we're all human.

C'est la vie. Au revoir.

Edited by ErikaPNP
circumvention of the swear filter - please refer to the Site Rules. Thank you.

showed your true colours then.

idiot

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes. I am a criminal. I am evil. I totally deserve to pay for a service I have not received. I deserve no appeal. It is all my fault. I'm so (edit) stupid. Throw away the key!!

No, I wouldn't say that, but from your final tirade I guess it is clear that you are simply a part of that ever growing band of people who will never accept responsibility for their own actions.

It's always someone else's fault that you got to the station late........,

It's always someone else's fault that you couldn't be bothered (or are too important) to queue for a few minutes to get a ticket.........

It's always someone else's fault that you didn't see the signs or the ticket machines......

It's always someone else's fault that you sat and read the paper and waited to be asked to pay rather than made an effort to do so before being challenged..........

It's always someone else's fault........................

was that your impression of raoul moat, OC....

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

showed your true colours then.

idiot

dx

I suppose you would expect me to go shoot someone now after posting a traceable frustrated tirade on the "internet"? You're calling me an idiot? lol. I think you will find on the "internet" anything you read(as with much in life) should be taken with a pinch of salt. You'll learn this eventually.

"frickin'" is not a swear word. I cite Battlestar Galactica's use of 'Frack' as acceptable for public viewing before the watershed.

I have not blamed anyone else for my actions. I find that I have been treated like a criminal without a hearing somewhat going against what is seen as justice. I've been fined for being honest going to pay a ticket. I could have not met the Fining Officer had I simply borded a train not 10 feet from where I disembarked. The fining officer is not very nice for accusing me of lying, then lying himself. Absolutely nothing in this situation would be construed as fair and just for the average man on the street.

I've taken the matter up with the MP for my constituency. After a brief conversation on the phone, after a letter appealing for help, I have received a promise to have the matter looked into. We shall see how this unfolds in the coming weeks.

It's so exciting that I could potentially go to Jail! (dx100uk, yes sarcasm doesn't work in text form we know....)

I forgot to finish my unpleasant post earlier to sincerely thank old-COD. You have been a great help in making me understand that I have to pay the fine. Please excuse my venting, it's due to aforementioned childhood experiences of being blamed for something I view as unfair. I get unbelievably wound up by thinking about the people involved.

I forgot to finish my unpleasant post earlier to sincerely thank old-COD. You have been a great help in making me understand that I have to pay the fine. Please excuse my venting, it's due to aforementioned childhood experiences of being blamed for something I view as unfair. I get unbelievably wound up by thinking about the people involved.

I hope you are receiving treatment & that your condition doesnt affect the care you give to others.

I hope you are receiving treatment & that your condition doesnt affect the care you give to others.

there doesn't appear to be a smiley of someone p*ssing themselves laughing but I am at that SRPO, hehehe

Views expressed in this forum by me are my own personal opinion and you take it on face value! I make any comments to the best of my knowledge but you take my advice at your own risk.

there doesn't appear to be a smiley of someone p*ssing themselves laughing but I am at that SRPO, hehehe

Well I'm now ****ing myself laughing. :) Mostly @ RPI :lol:

Just received letter informing me that the Penalty notice has been cancelled. Fantastic that the law does not work to protect people and can be overridden by common sense. The RPSS officer was out of order, and I will send in my complaint specifically about his conduct. I sincerely hope that he loses his job given other people have complained about him.

Southeastern Trains are really in some political bother about the cuts to services in Kent :) Goody gumdrops! May it cost their Shareholders dear!

Just received letter informing me that the Penalty notice has been cancelled. Fantastic that the law does not work to protect people and can be overridden by common sense. The RPSS officer was out of order, and I will send in my complaint specifically about his conduct. I sincerely hope that he loses his job given other people have complained about him.

Southeastern Trains are really in some political bother about the cuts to services in Kent :) Goody gumdrops! May it cost their Shareholders dear!

Well, believe it or not, I am genuinely pleased for you

It doesn't alter the fact that the rules are the same for everyone and are there to be observed, but, if the TOC feel that there was genuine cause for grievance from your point of view, they have dealt with it in an appropriate manner. It's their call.

Whats there to laugh at? its proved my point that the system DOES work!

Thanks Cod.

RPI. If it worked I would not have received a penalty fare. The "system" was circumvented in this situation by using outside influence.

Don't pay your rail fare fines, says Ken Livingstone (who once led a crusade against the ticketless traveller) | Mail Online

Take a look at the hypocrisy of it all when known politicians are let off the hook even though they should be fined according to the decree of a flawed law. It's subjective to the officer issuing a ticket.