Help used car two days later

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys wonder if you can help me?

I've just bought my second A3 quattro from independtant dealer. First imprsseions were great.

64,000 2002 - £4800. Normally I wouldn't spend that much but it wanted the low milage and a bit of insurnace bying it from a dealer. (not audi)

After two days of owing it I have noticed the following Problems/Faults: banghead.gif

1. The engine check light came up : (Note the faults were cleared, same faults appeared after 10 minutes of driving still present on ECU but no light)

· Vag-com - Mass Air flow meter signal too low.

· Vag-com - Car running lean.

· Vag-com - Pressure drop before turbo (Check DV).

2. Traction control Light lit when stationary. Disappeared when engine re-started, this has happened 5 times in two days.

· Vag-com - Intermittent Implausible brake signal.

3. Aircon worked for 1 day.

4. Secondary Air / Combi valve leaking oil or that area?

5. Possible gearbox problem?? intermittent loud clunk when selecting gear. Intermittent rattle noise when idling, when revs drop. Clunk noise when de-pressing clutch pedal. (not sure about this one, my other does it two)

6. Slight play in the steering,

I have spoken to them today to tell them about the problems with the car, they have asked me to drop it off but say the warrently only covers £200 of the cost of any repiars (Only some of the stuff above is on there warrenty sheet, and it does state that it only covers £200).

i'm i write in thinking that i'm covered by the Sales of goods act? Ie it doesn't matter what they say espically as I've only had the car 2 and bit days??

Hi b1gdave83

A judge told me on friday that the seller is obliged to repair any item on the car that is faulty when the fault has occurred within six months of purchase (it is assumed the fault was apparent at time of sale) as long as you can prove those parts are faulty e.g garage inspection. This all comes under the sale of goods act.

Hope this helps!

Thats great, Just what I thought ;)

Ok, i'll stick my heels in tomorrow claiming under SOGA not the warrenty.

I'll hand them a letter tomorrow, just stating everything I have already said to them over the phone. Or send it 'recorded delivery'?? Just seems a waste as i'm there tomorrow.

After they have ''fixed it'', is it worth taking it to another garage to get it checked out and get a report? I picked up most the faults with haynes manual and VAG-com (AUDI diag software, I got for my previous car).

If they fail to comply i.e fix all the problems stated then I presume I can then reject the car asking for a full refund.

Entirely up to you. Its worth remembering though that what is on paper (i.e. letters, reports, etc.) can be used in court.

That said is alot better if you can get them to do the work voluntarily though and the court should be last resort. You also have to be seen to give them a chance to repair any of the problems. Get a print out of the work that has been complete when they have done it and if you have any concerns get an independent inspection done and then you will have either confirmation that the work has been done or not and proof (garage inspection report) if the case is the latter.

Good luck!

Just to add I don't know if any of the legal guys want to comment on where you stand if you want to reject the car but I'm pretty sure that you need to stop using it if you want to go down that route. Might also be worth speaking with Consumer Direct about that one.