• Tweets

• "Is it just that? Oh I thought it was because of all the effort he and others made to rightly bring DCBL to court. But he just got lucky there I suppose   "All the effort put in"? You mean there was some kind of entrapment? Surely not.
    • Annoying as it is, people can order food delivery, eat it, and claim a refund, so how can you persuade them that isn't the case here? how are you going to show that in your case you didn't eat the food as it was so bad?   Did you contact the takeaway (at the time) as well as Just Eat, and tell them the food wasn't to standard?? If so, what did they say?.   In a restaurant the diner has the ability to leave the poor food, and bring it to the attention of the serving staff. Not an option in the case of a delivery (except if you take it back to the provider, which negates the point of delivery, but does make it plain there is a major quality issue).   I doubt you'll get the whole £27 back, and how much effort do you want to put in, for the expectation of how much refund?.   £27 (at most!)?. Leave them a poor review, don't order from them again, and move on..........    
    • Yes, quite distinct difference Scotlands first minister does seem to quite clearly demonstrate she understands the reasons, the personal situations and have real sympathy in stark contrast to Johnson the Liar and Handcock   and I note MP's are still getting away with breaking rules when they should be both leading by, and punished as examples   https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/dups-sammy-wilson-caught-on-camera-without-face-mask-on-public-transport-39559186.html   Despite clearly being shown sat reading something, with more reading matter readily available, Wilson claims he only 'momentarily took his mask off to answer a telephone call and 'denied witness claims he did not wear a mask for the entirety of his tube journey from Westminster to Heathrow   Wilson has repeatedly railed against face masks 'muzzles' and declared himself being reported as “like East Germany under the Stasi”       https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/dups-sammy-wilson-caught-on-camera-without-face-mask-on-public-transport-39559186.html   Interesting that honourable MP's and even some advisors have resigned for less.. Nicola Sturgeons' for example.
    • I don't think there'll be any problem if and when it gets in front of a judge. However I think that there is a big possibility that enforcement is going to be a nightmare. I hope not
    • Keep the sarcasm for when you are sat in front of a Judge. See how far you get with that.   H
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 6 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3721 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi all,i have had just recently a few letters from lowells chasing a catalogue debt,which is statute barred.

long story short was taken seriously ill 9 years ago and it took me 5 years to recover,moved to 3 different hospitals in that time,so my debts became forgotton and i didnt remember who i owed or what i owed.

now out of the woodwork a few dca are sending letters and i know some are staute barred and a couple only have a few months to go.

the question is what would be the best strategy to deal with them.

Cheers rover.

Only send the statute barred letter to those that you know are statute barred.

For others send the letter below. They have to send you full details of a debt, not just a demand. This should include ideally a copy of statements from the relevant creditors.

You may also wish to check to see if CCJ's have been obtained by using the following. CCJs, court orders & fines - Search yourself and others - Trust Online

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Rover,

Good advice above. I can only add don't ever get involved discussing any of these debts on the phone. They WILL lie and try to scare you or trip you up.

Watch out for trick alleged payments, designed to cancel the SB status..yes they do it quite often!

Finally, do not sign anything you send them with your normal signature. Hand print your name.

Here's the Stat Barred template:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/599-letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

Elsa x

PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX

Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:

All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

Please click the *star* of any CAG member who has helped you .

What's ironic is that not only will it be Stat Barred..odds on there's nothing even vaguely resembling a credit agreement for the catalogue debt either.

Chancers!!

PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX

Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:

All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

Thanks for all the information and it will all be taken on board and the relevant letters will be sent.

Once again thanks for the help and most importantly the piece of mind.

Hi,

I agree it's tempting to ignore them, but in some cases they respond by issuing a claim in order to get it in before the time limit runs out, unfortunately.It's a bit like playing "Play Your Cards Right", trying to judge by the tone of the letters which ones you can safely ignore :)

Certainly, push all responses to the limit time wise, but I would have thought that once they respond to the prove it letter, identifying the debt,then the next move is a CCA request so that the account can be put in dispute till they provide an agreement, thus keeping them busy and providing some protection against a claim being issued on a formally disputed account.

Just my opinion though :)

Edited by Undercover-Elsa

Thanks for all the advise,

sat here last night and realised that the last payment would have been around 2001 so i,ll wait and see what other letters i get from them and then laugh at them.

That's the spirit!!

We take great enjoyment from seeing how creative they can get!

Ive had everything grom pictures of Easter Eggs saying "Let's crack this debt together!!" to threats that curdle your blood till you see the bad grammar, spelling mistakes and those crucial words "we may" "we might" or "this could result in..."

Tosh!!!

:)

That's the spirit!!

We take great enjoyment from seeing how creative they can get!

Ive had everything grom pictures of Easter Eggs saying "Let's crack this debt together!!" to threats that curdle your blood till you see the bad grammar, spelling mistakes and those crucial words "we may" "we might" or "this could result in..."

Tosh!!!

:)

I cant wait :lol: