single yello line

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

have been looking on this forum since i have received my parking ticket earlier today!

I have been issued a Contravention Code 01! I was literally giving my work college his folder which he had left in the office. He was in Starbucks which was 3 minutes away! Went in there, got introduced to his clients therefore taking maybe 6 - 7 minutes.

As i was walking back I saw the my ticket being issued, I ran over to her and told her i was sorry and I'll go now, she said too late its already in the machine, if you drive off it will get posted to you... I have been reading the forums and i think they will ask for evidence... which I don't have any. I have also seen mentions of the single yellow lines have to start and end with a "T". can you guys tell me if this is correctly marked?

also why have i got a 01 when i should really have a 02 contravention

30mwacm.png

I'm not sure, but surely I'm allowed to park there and load/unload? or not?
Yes you are, but:

1. It would have to be something heavy/bulky, not just a folder

2. If you try and claim something other than that a) you would be lying and b) you have no documentary proof.

loading normally includes 'postal packets of of any kind' - doesn't have to be bulky
I thought the exemption was for loading/unloading, delivery/colllection of postal packets to or from a postal box or premises. Although the regs are silent on this , a lot of Councils interpret this as Post Office vehicles (Redbridge included)

you are allowed to post your own letters you know ! RM is not compulsory.
I appreciate that. All I was saying is that Councils often take this to mean that the exemption only applies to RM vehicles.

Here's the exemption from Islington Parking Protocol, repeated again and again:

Royal Mail vehicles delivering/collecting postal packets.

http://www.islington.gov.uk/DownloadableDocuments/TransportandStreets/Pdf/enforcement_protocol_v5.4_jan_2010.pdf

That vehicle specific exemption which is very common. Have to be liveried normally though some councils have been known to recognise the exemption yet still dish out PCNs to liveried RM vans !. Loading is a different exemption.