Newlyn plc Wants £1300 for fees from nurse for pcns already paid.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nurse's nightmare as bailiffs demand £1k

16 July 2010

AN A&E nurse who claims her car was twice wrongly clamped by "menacing" bailiffs has been told she must cough up more than £1,000 in release charges despite having done nothing wrong.

Amanda Fletcher, from Craigdale Road, Hornchurch, is at the end of her tether after being harassed by council-hired bailiffs for parking fines she paid in January.

Amanda, 48, racked up two £30 fines after mistakenly parking her silver Vauxhall Corsa just outside a residents' parking zone - for which she has a permit - while working a night shift at Queen's Hospital over Christmas.

She paid £60 via the council's phone-line in mid-January but last month was stunned to find her car clamped and to hear it would be towed for auction.

Court papers informing her of the fines had been sent to an old address, Amanda claims.

The clamper -- from Northampton-based bailiffs Newlyn Plc - finally agreed to release the vehicle after Amanda produced her bank statement showing she had paid the fine, but she was warned she - not the council - owed the company a £580 call-out charge.

"What is upsetting is that I accepted my mistake and paid my fine," Amanda said. "When I tried to explain (to the council) I was met with contempt.

"Then to have someone come to your door shouting and screaming, demanding money, is very menacing."

This week, as she battles with the council to have her case heard the clampers returned, slapping her with yet another hefty £580 release bill - bringing the total to an eye-watering £1,160.

Amanda said: "The clamper told me to take it up with the council because it's not their problem, they just do what they're told. But the debt is between me and the company now.

"I've paid £100 so far but they said if I didn't pay the rest they would come to my house with police and take items to the value of the money I owed them."

A council spokesman said: "We are looking into Miss Fletcher's complaint and will contact her as soon as our investigation is completed.

"As a last resort we do instruct bailiffs to get back fines owed but only after we get a warrant by the court."

The Recorder contacted staff at Newlyn Plc, who chose not to respond.

Original here :

Romford Recorder - Nurse's nightmare as bailiffs demand £1k

So whats cooking today ?

Nurse's nightmare as bailiffs demand £1k

16 July 2010

AN A&E nurse who claims her car was twice wrongly clamped by "menacing" bailiffs has been told she must cough up more than £1,000 in release charges despite having done nothing wrong.

Amanda Fletcher, from Craigdale Road, Hornchurch, is at the end of her tether after being harassed by council-hired bailiffs for parking fines she paid in January.

Amanda, 48, racked up two £30 fines after mistakenly parking her silver Vauxhall Corsa just outside a residents' parking zone - for which she has a permit - while working a night shift at Queen's Hospital over Christmas.

She paid £60 via the council's phone-line in mid-January but last month was stunned to find her car clamped and to hear it would be towed for auction.

Court papers informing her of the fines had been sent to an old address, Amanda claims.

The clamper -- from Northampton-based bailiffs Newlyn Plc - finally agreed to release the vehicle after Amanda produced her bank statement showing she had paid the fine, but she was warned she - not the council - owed the company a £580 call-out charge.

"What is upsetting is that I accepted my mistake and paid my fine," Amanda said. "When I tried to explain (to the council) I was met with contempt.

"Then to have someone come to your door shouting and screaming, demanding money, is very menacing."

This week, as she battles with the council to have her case heard the clampers returned, slapping her with yet another hefty £580 release bill - bringing the total to an eye-watering £1,160.

Amanda said: "The clamper told me to take it up with the council because it's not their problem, they just do what they're told. But the debt is between me and the company now.

"I've paid £100 so far but they said if I didn't pay the rest they would come to my house with police and take items to the value of the money I owed them."

A council spokesman said: "We are looking into Miss Fletcher's complaint and will contact her as soon as our investigation is completed.

"As a last resort we do instruct bailiffs to get back fines owed but only after we get a warrant by the court."

The Recorder contacted staff at Newlyn Plc, who chose not to respond.

Original here :

Romford Recorder - Nurse's nightmare as bailiffs demand £1k

Yet another case where documents would appear to have hone to the wrong address. This lady should be completing an Out of Time Application and then she should be asking the council why they are permitting their bailiff company to charge such an astonishing amount of £580. MADNESS.

TomTubby she has already paid the fines so not sure if she can file an out of time application if nothing was owing in the first place.

An Out of Time Application can be submitted at any time. If sucessfull the warrant will be revoked. I am assuming that the payment went astray.