phoenix commercial and council tax, sorry for new thread cant find answer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

i was late paying my council tax but paid it all and the council charged me £95, this was taken up by phoenix who several days later sent a latter asking me for 137.50, (adding £42.50)

first off can the council legally charge me £95 for late payment or can i get this back, what does that money go to?

secondly i called phoenix last week and paid the £95 but refused to pay the £42.50, can i refuse to pay this as they have basically charged me this just to write a letter, how can i dispute this or should i just be a sucker and pay it for lack of headache.

They are threatening to make the debt over £200 if i dont pay it within the next few days. I managed to fool the call centre girl into giving me the mds email address and the general email address and their postal address

regards

councils don't charge a late payment fee if you miss council tax payment they take you to court to gain a liability order against you they then add there costs to the liability order this will be the £95

the bailiff has charged you 1st and 2nd visit fees £42.50 total bailiffs take there fees first so they will have taken this from the money you have paid to them leaving a outstanding balance owed to the council of £42.50

thanks very much for the reply, i used this forum before and got 150 odd pounds off equita a few yrs back but this does not look like the case

does this mean my credit rating will be affected ? secondly i dont have a leg to stand on and have to pay?

thanks very much for the reply, i used this forum before and got 150 odd pounds off equita a few yrs back but this does not look like the case

does this mean my credit rating will be affected ? secondly i don't have a leg to stand on and have to pay?

you credit rating will not be affected

did you any letters from the council telling you they were taking you to court and a letter telling you they were passing this over to the bailiffs

do you know (confirmed by the council)

the date of the liability order

the amount of the liability order

the date it was passed over to the bailiffs

have the bailiffs confirmed the date /time and name of bailiff who made the visits

you should have been left a hand delivered letter every time a bailiff called at your home

hello, sorry for the lateness of the reply hope someone can still help

phoenix told me that a bailiff had called twice on different dates to the dates on my letters, they told me the bailiffs name and i spoke to three different people on three different dates, all of them told me a different name, also i didnt recieve anything with any bailiffs name or number on it through the post. when i asked them for a breakdown of costs by email they did not break it down into speciifc dates or costs, just telling me i owed £42.50, nothing else. They have now told me some totally different dates for the bailiff calling, first they said 14th june and 21st june, then i made them tell me the exact times and they said 21st june and 28th june, both times i was in the house and NOBODY called, also my letters are dated 2nd july and 21st july, they are lying!!

how can they get away with this? when i called them today they hung up on me then the girl from the call centre actually dialled me back on my mobile and LAUGHED at me, three times!

anyone got that letter template so i can send it to them to ask for a screenshot or correct full breakdown of costs, i used a letter here before that listed the sheriffs office and a legal law as a reference?

pls help, im so angry with these thieves, its only a small amount but last time i got 130 odd pounds back off equita and donated 20% straight back into this forum

thx

hi,

i was late paying my council tax but paid it all and the council charged me £95, this was taken up by phoenix who several days later sent a latter asking me for 137.50, (adding £42.50)

first off can the council legally charge me £95 for late payment or can i get this back, what does that money go to?

secondly i called phoenix last week and paid the £95 but refused to pay the £42.50, can i refuse to pay this as they have basically charged me this just to write a letter, how can i dispute this or should i just be a sucker and pay it for lack of headache.

They are threatening to make the debt over £200 if i dont pay it within the next few days. I managed to fool the call centre girl into giving me the mds email address and the general email address and their postal address

regards

Do you know what the amount of debt was BEFORE they took the matter to the Magistrates Court?

the debt was for half the years council tax, i cleared everything except the 95 pounds that the council charged me for taking me to court, then i paid phoenix the £95 pound, all i have left is the £42.50 but through principal i dont want to pay it as i cant understand how it costs £42.50 to post two letters, no bailiff EVER visited my property they are lying

the debt was for half the years council tax, i cleared everything except the 95 pounds that the council charged me for taking me to court, then i paid phoenix the £95 pound, all i have left is the £42.50 but through principal i dont want to pay it as i cant understand how it costs £42.50 to post two letters, no bailiff EVER visited my property they are lying

How were the letters posted - by hand or Royal Mail? What was the date of your Liability Order and on what date did you pay the Council what you though was proper payment?

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

paid council all my debt by debit card, paid phoenix all my debt by debit card (£95 + £5 charge)

letters definetly appear to be sent by royal mail not hand delivered, but as such i have no way of telling as i didnt keep the envelopes

paid council all my debt by debit card

As asked previously do you have date this was paid + do you have date Liability Order was granted + the date it was passed to the Bailiffs

, paid phoenix all my debt by debit card (£95 + £5 charge)

letters definetly appear to be sent by royal mail not hand delivered, but as such i have no way of telling as i didnt keep the envelopes

In that case you will need to write and ask for a breakdown of the charges they have applied and the dates they were done.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]