biggeorge

Mercers Default Notice - Seems Invalid - Anyone confirm

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3670 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all just received this letter today 19/07/2010 which is a default notice for my Barclaycard.

I'm a couple of months behind on payments although I was about to sort this out this month but now have received this notice which I think is defected.

Letter is dated 15/07/2010 ( I only received today 19/07/2010) I have until the 01/08/2010, From my calendar they have only given me 9/10 days to sort this out, I have not included the weekends, sat or sun.

What do I do now? Anyone offer any advice if my working out is correct and my next course of action if any.

Was about to send a CCA request in today now just to see what they come up with but its a recent account so should have the CCA.

Pictures with details removed here:

Front

http://www.marshall-hosting.co.uk/BARCLAYDEFAULT.jpg

Back

http://www.marshall-hosting.co.uk/BARCLAYDEFAULT2.jpg

George

The 15th was a Thurs and if it was posted 1st class you are assumed to have received it on the second working day after which would be the 19th + the 14 days to remedy = 2nd Aug. They state you must remedy before the 1st Aug which means 31st July so it's 2 days short. If it was posted 2nd class it would be 4 days short.

Still send the CCA request but don't mention the defective DN & then wait for them to terminate.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thanks Cerberusalert that's what I was thinking too.

CCA Request has gone out today.

George

Many thanks