Mrs E Blackadder

Davis Coleman, who are they?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3657 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Has anyone had any dealings with these people? Their website doesn't really tell me much, other than they seem to think they have the right to come into your home and demand information such as you employment details and find out what assets you have.

I take it that, as with any other debt collection agency, they have no right whatsoever to enter my home without my say so (which they aint gonna get!).

Any info on these people would be gratefully received.

Having looked at the website, they are nothing more than an inqury agent. (DCA under an alternative name)

They have no right of entry or information.

debt collectors have no rights what so ever, they play on fear and nievity. just ignore them they'll soon go away

Thanks for your replies.

These people are after my ex, but I think it might relate to an old joint account so at some point they might come after me too. I suspect they are acting on behalf of Barclays and will try to get back cards/cheque books etc. Don't know why because they have shut the account so they can't be used anyway!

As I'm now on my own I feel a lot more vulnerable than I used to and won't let the children answer the door anymore. I know that they have no rights of entry etc, but just don't want to feel bulliied by any of these sad people who can't find a real job knocking on my door.

Should anyone turn up, tell them to get lost in words of your own choice, slam the door in their face & if they still refuse to go, call the Police.

Also print off a couple of Do Not Visit letters from the Debt Collection Library.

Please don't worry, they have no powers at all, they have no rights to your personal info either.

Thank you for your reassurance DC. Although I know they have no powers, it can still be scary when you are on your own. I hadn't thought about printing off the do not visit letter so am going to do that now.

The website for these people made me laugh out loud, as it specifically states that they will visit people in their homes and then provide a report about their employment status, residential status, find out what assests they have, along with their income/expenditure. Who the hell do they think they are? They can only achieve this by misleading people into believing they are allowed to come into your home. How are these companies still getting away with these tactics, it is nothing short of bullying people when they are vulnerable.

Edited by Mrs E Blackadder

It is a form of bullying, God help any DCA if they try to force past me without a Warrent of Execution from the court.

It is a scary thought

Computer problems tonight or just fat fingers...lol!

It is a scary thought of a DCA coming to the door & a website giving mis-leading information but at the end of the day, should they push there luck then thats what the Police are for, you then complain to everyone you can.

I'm not sure whether or not you would call these clowns debt collectors or private investigators. Not that it matters either way I suppose, they still don't have any power but it makes me so angry that they think they can behave in such a way. The fact that they even brag about it on their website shows how stupid they are.

There is a name for companies like that, but its not repeatable on the forum.

The polite word I would use are parasites!!!

Personally I think that the people who do these types of job do so because a) they have some kind of issues from their childhood and/or b) they are too stupid to find a real job. I mean, who in their right mind would consider knocking on vulnerable peoples doors and misleading them into giving very personal information to be a proper job? There's something wrong with the world when the jobs of teachers, library workers, police officers, nurses and firemen (our local retained station is under threat of closure) are being cut, yet the blood-suckers from the DCA industry are allowed to continue with all their underhand and misleading tactics.

Rant over :D

Believe it or not, some personage from this company turned up on my doorstep asking for my ex. When I asked who he was (the caller that is, not my ex!) he just said he was from the 'banking investigators', trying to contact Mr Blackadder as he may have lost something. I made it clear that Mr B is no longer here, that I have no idea of his actual whereabouts, especially now that Mrs Miggins pie shop has had to close due to the recession, and that I couldn't help him further. I shut the door and left it at that.

Could someone just give me a little TLC please??? I know I wasn't rattled at the time, but I feel a little shakey now!

You did exactly the right thing.

I would have given them a doorstep caller letter as well just to stop them calling again.

Well done anyways.

Thank you blueboy, you are my bestest friend this evening :)

Completely forgot to keep a copy of the doorstep caller letter to one side. Think I will print one off and keep it in the hallway just incase they come back.

I'd love to know if anyone else has dealt with this company, so if anyone has please let me know.

ps I've just realised that the title of this thread would be read perfectly by Nikki who was on Big Brother a few years back!