Parking Charge CP PLUS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently i received a parking charge for exceeding the 2 hour time limit from 1am to 4am at a service station as i was tired and resting.

I was driving my brothers car which is registered to him obviously.

There were not many other cars around and somehow they had nothing better to do than to send my brother a parking charge.

I was advised to ignore this as i read up online from many sources i didnt have to pay it because its a private company, not issued by the council and are a bunch of [problematic].

We've now received a 2nd letter which states as i failed to pay £50 the charge has now risen to £80.....

A additional charge of £40 will be added on if i failed to pay again.

And says "Failure to pay the full balance outstanding within 14 days of the date of this notice could result in the balance outstanding being registered as a debt against you. You will also become liable for additional costs and interest involved. You ability to obtain credit in the future could be affected.

and in bold " WE ARE HOLDING PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE ON THE FILE TO SUPPORT THIS CLAIM "

They also have the details such as name and acquired the address from DVLA which they shouldnt really be giving out to private companies.

Has anyone else had one of these parking charges?

and ignored them as many people online have advised?

As im slightly worried causing hassle for my bro and messing up his credit rating etc.

Im guessing the fee is going to continue to increase and just wanna be sure before it gets more and more expensive!

Find it pretty stupid that they rather you risk driving tired then stopping at services till your ready, after all i thought this is what services are for? new_cussing.gifnew_cussing.gifnew_cussing.gif

Any help is appreciated!

Spend 2 minutes on this forum and you'll find plenty of other victims as well.

Just carry on ignoring. It's just junkmail.

CP Plus are very well known. They have never been small claims court (where they'd lose), and they never will do. This is a mail [problem].

The fact they're just adding charges willy nilly just demonstrates there is no legal basis for the whole thing. It's a trick.

ignore!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Once again a PPC is "penalizing" a driver for taking a break when they feel tired. On the one hand we are always being advised to take rest breaks, then when we do, these clowns try extract money from us.

Back to the point, regarding damaged credit ratings. There is nothing to worry about over that. The PPC would have to take you to court (very unlikely) you lose (very, very unlikely) and then you don't pay whatever the judge orders. As the chance of this happening is so remote, there is nothing to worry about.

Do you think CP Plus would have it as much as 2 hours if Moto would let them?

Of course not! we all know that PPCs are only in it for the money and aren't there to manage parking. This was highlighted by the recent case where a clamping firm took the owner of a take-away to court for "loss of earning" because that shop-keeper had been warning people not to park on an adjacent piece of land (not associated by the take-away), because they would be clamped. Luckily the Judge did the right thing and dismissed the case.