Ranjo

arnold clark car caught fire!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3651 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all,

I need advice. i brought a used ford focus from a arnold clark west bromwich 8 weeks ago. the first week i took it to london from birmingham. on the way back the engine management light came on! the next day arnold clark reset it saying the diesel particulate was blocked and just needed regenerating. at the same time i complained that i could smell fuel inside the car whenever i turned the heaters on. two weeks later same problem this time they couldnt regenerate it and agreed that the diesel particulate filter needed changing and also that the smell was caused by said filter also that a knock when braking was a suspension linkage bush.

two weeks ago the filter was changed and so was the linkage! since then everytime i have drove this car due to the weather being hot i have used aircon and not needed heaters car has been driving fine. today on another motorway journey the engine management light came on again!

When i got home about 20 minutes later i parked up and as i got out i noticed some smoke from the offside front wheel. When i opened the car bonnet the engine burst into flames!

luckily my hosepipe is always connected to the garage wall i put out the fire but fire engine came an fireman showed me cause was fuel leaking from top of engine by fuel pipes and onto diesel particulate filter! fire was so bad car must be a write off whole of front has melted!

Any advice as to what to do tomorrow will be appreciated

Thank you:mad:

Guest Arnold Clark Company Rep

Hi, I have read your post and was shocked to read what happened. We would like to investigate this and possibly help. Please send specifics of the incident including details of the car so we can find your file, and we will be happy to help if we can.

online.customer.services@arnoldclark.co.uk (please mark for my attention)

Kind Regards

Alasdair

Customer Services

Yeah I bet with an undeliverable e mail address. Funny how it looks like Arnoldc Lark isn't it.

Another example of AC aftersales not knowing what they are doing perhaps? Perhaps trained by AC's dedicated training arm??

There's only one result from this complaint necessary and that is some serious puckering up and a new car. Not used.

Absolutley unforgiveable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whilst I admire you for supposedly taking on the plethora of complaints posted, when are we going to see some positive feed back posted by you that you have solved some of the issues raised on this forum?

It might just give you a bit of credibility.

I agree, the offers are there, but never any feedback, so is the offer genuine?

I am amused by the stagement "and we will be happy to help" which is then cancelled out by adding "if we can".

Time to bring this out of the cellar and back into the sunlight