Natwest reclaim bank charges

junior232
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I recently sent a letter to natwest asking for all my charges back and i have checked online using the recorded delivery system with royal it states the letter was delieverd from there west edingburgh delivery office on 09/07/2010, but there is no electronic proof of delivery, is there anything to be concerned about?

Also i stated i would like to recieve a reply within 14 days, so is that 14 working days or does include weekends?

An update on my claim i received a reply from natwest today and i have to fill in a form of all my income and expenditure.

Just a little confused about the whole hardship process, how does it actually work?

I am on benefits, i have two kids, and my expenditure is more than my income, so would i qualify?

Can anyone help me please, i have read the letter natwest have sent carefully and basically they want to help me sort my finances out and make sure i dont get charged agian but nothing said about the charges being refunded can any one help with a letter to send back to them and what to include for the hardship application?

Hi Junior232,

My advice having experience of sending a hardship claim to natwest is to ensure that you expenditure EXCEEDS your income.

If you show Natwest that you have income left over...in their eyes you are not in hardship and they will reject your claim.

They usually send you an income and expenditure sheet. Is your account with credit management services??? is it still an open account???

Hi thanks for replying back.

My account is currently open with them and i still bank with them, i am in the process of setting up another account with another bank.

My expenditure greatly exceeds my income, i have several debts, two of which i am making monthly payments for which includes electricity bill from my previous property and i am making council tax payments from when i used to live with my mum.

I am on benefits and i have two kids so my most my income goes on living expenses. On average i get charged about £50 by natwest every 2-3 months.

Im just a little concerned about the letter natwest sent with the income and expenditure form, it states they want to help me sort out my finances but no mention of refunding charges.

I also have a £600 pound overdraft with natwest, then main reason why i got the overdraft was because natwest applied over £400 worth of charges on my account, this was due to several failed cheques can i reclaim these?

Hi there,

I believe i have read somewhere that the banks in recognising the hardship wont automatically be refunding the charges now like they were just after the court ruling,

as the investigation and ruling went in favour of the banks and in helping hardship they will probably just assist you in arranging a payment plan that suits your finances.. this said there may be a refund to your account..you wont know until you try...

i put a hardship claim in which looked as if i had money left over..so it was refused.

I believe they have a 21 day turnaround...send special delivery..

a number and address for you to get a customer financial statement from..

Customer responce services unit

drummond house

first floor

1 redheughs ave

edinburgh

eh12 9jn

0845 3030 456

no wait on this number..they are very helpful

good luck :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

An update to my claim, natwest sent me an income and expenditure form and basically they said i am not in financial hardship "Following our assessment of your financial position, we have determined that you do not meet the criteria to be entered into our financial hardship policy because you have understated your income and a duplication of expenses in your expenditure therefore you have sufficient income to meet your ongoing commitments. They have sent a 4 page response basically giving answers to every thing in the template letter i used on this forum quoting the supreme test case.

I am on benefits my income is pretty straightforward, i have two kids, i have debt over 4000 pound which includes electric, water and council tax, and i have other debts which i am not making monthly payments on but i soon will have to when they take it to court and take money out of my benefits, i have to feed my kids, i have to cloth my kids, i have to pay my household bills i dont understand why they rejected it, my expenditure is more than my income im really struggling and natwest keep taking my benefits money on a few occassions i have been left with 50 pounds to last me 6 days because natwest took over 40 pounds of charges.

What else can i do abou this i dont agree with what natwest are doing i need some guidance and advice from people who have been rejected for hardship but won over a period of time, i didnt even claim compound interest it was the basic 8%.