• Tweets

• Hi Lolerz Thanks for replying to me, yes I've been ignoring her & will continue to do so. All she keeps saying is they want to come up with an amicable settlement. Keeps saying this to our receptionist she shouldn't be saying this to a receptionist or even me in the first place as they have given no proof of anything no IP addresses noting just keeps saying about an amicable settlement.
    • If a DCA supplies a reconstituted copy of the CCA what would be the next step? It seems that a reconstituted copy must be a " true copy " of the executed agreement, it must contain the Prescribed Terms. But given that there is no copy of the applicants signature surely it could be an agreement form with the details filled in. How can it be assumed that this " copy " represents a true copy that the claimant has supposed to have signed. Cabot have demonstrated a bit of sabre rattling when they say "Until we're able to provide this information , your account is unenforceable. This means we're not permitted to obtain a County Court judgement against you . Whilst we cannot pursue legal action, your balance remains outstanding ". I looked up a case... Cabot UK Ltd  v  Bachellier (2010) which might help, but it's tough reading, I'd prefer to plough through War and Peace. This particular case with Cabot is not huge , approx' £140, but the only other worry that I have is also with Cabot...£2100. They may try to make a point with lesser case.
    • you'll never find a court open on a w/end MB. all courts are closed Good Friday and Bank Holiday Monday. However as Andy points out, that does NOT mean you get 2 extra days to file, you get one, same as xmas/new Year. UKPC have not filed their, so no rush on yours as dave says.  
    • Top US magazine slams Britain after 14 years of Tory ‘psychodrama’ The New Yorker’s excoriating report on the state of the UK lays bare how Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union (EU) “catalysed some of the worst tendencies in British politics”. “The only way to think about it is as a psychodrama enacted, for the most part, by a small group of middle-aged men who went to élite private schools, studied at the University of Oxford, and have been climbing and chucking one another off the ladder of British public life" Top US magazine slams Britain after 14 years of Tory ‘psychodrama’ WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK The New Yorker’s excoriating report on the state of the UK lays bare how Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union (EU) “catalysed...  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

HFC PPI - found letter cancelling

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi have just begun the SAR process on certain loans and cards and tody decided to have a tidy up of the filing cabinet.

Going through the various papers we have accumulted through the years we found a copy of a loan agreement with HFC for a Personal Loan plus dated Feb 1998 together with a few statements for Mar, April and May 1998 in the folder with the loan agreement there was a copy of a letter from us asking them to cancel the PPI - but on the statements it is still being taken; further into the cabinet we found another statement from 2001 and on this there is still PPI being taken.

This loan was paid off in 2004 - are we too late ?

• Haha 1

Hi Gettingsorted,

No you are not too late. A claim is not statute barred until 6 years after you have realised there was a problem.

However not sure you will be able to get the statements you will need from the loan. Though you do have a copy of the credit agreement.

I suggest you remove all personal details, name, address etc and post for us to have a look at. Then we can advise you on your next step.

DJ

Thanks for your input. Will do that together with the letter we have asking them to cancel it - will do it tomorrow ................found 2003 statement now the PPI was up to £30 per month by then ...........we have boxes of papers everywhere so my challenge to OH is to now sort them out and get what statements we can ! Had a go at working out how much they owed - gave me a headache :-((

OK here's the CCA, a copy of some kind of summary from them and a letter cancelling the insurance.

The account is one of those where you had a cheque and you could draw cheques up to your monthly limit. Another thing = although the CCA says credit limit £7100 the statements say £2000 in 1998.

A note about the CCA there are three diff inks - a darker one which is the same as the HFC sig dated the day after OH signed it a lighter one with some of the entries and then the one OH signed it in.

On the summary - it is not signed by OH his name has just been entered.

Have found a few statements the PPI increased from about £20 per month to £40 at the end as they increased his credit limit.

Comments please

Thanks

great! thats helped me too.

now is that the full agreement [i think not? - can you post it all up for me]

now

you've got HFC by the tight and curlies

the FOS WILL force them to refund see my threads

you're in for a windfall

now you need to do a spreadsheet etc etc

follow my thread or ask.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you - Oh I hope so we could do with some good luck !

Here's the rest:

The one that's called back is the on the back of the CCA and the rest is the Ins policy paperwork. They seem to have completed it in both our names.

What should I do next - wait for the SAR paperwork. We don't have all the statements - another box tonight ! but I doubt if we will find them all ?

Can you give me a link to the spreadsheet please

Edited by gettingsorted

sadly all your scans area bit blurry

can you scan at a higher DPI? and clean your glass bed?

so's you dont know how much PPI you paid each month then?

if thats so you need to SAR them

but i bet they'll pull the its 6yrs we've destroyed it dodge.

i use:

Compound interest calculator

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I will rescan tonight using another scanner - having to copy and paste into word and then save as pdf as the scanner won't scan as a pdf.

No don't know exactly how much we've paid but looking at the ones we've got we can make a good guess - I'll give it go and have a look at the spreadsheet.

Thanks for your help - I'm very new to this !

take your time

there is no rush

scan your stuff

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc but leave all figures and dates.

goto one one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

browse to your pdf file and upload it

hit close this windows at the bottom below upload it box

dx

and they

yea

what if they leech it?

dx

and they

Here are all the scans - just a note the darker colour ink on the cca is also the same as the ink on the signature which was signed the day after my OH signed it. The summary is not signed by my OH it just has his name on it and the cheques returned to the branch with my OH letter were re-credited to the account.

Thanks

Edited by gettingsorted

Hi gettingsorted,

Well done on the scans. Unfortunately as this was not a single premium policy we will need all statements or at least amount of PPI charge each month in order to calculate how much you are owed.

Trouble is this loan goes back more than 6 years which I suspect HFC will say we do not have the information for prior to 2004.

Probably worth sending them a SAR anyway and see what comes up. Worst case scenario we could work out an average monthly charge and multiply it by number of months there are no statements for.

Good luck

DJ

Hi - three boxes emptied and kind of sorted; got rid of rubbish and kept all cc statements and anything else to do with loans. Got to about 2000 in the statements - I have an 18 month block missing atm but more boxes to go but thy're up the attic an OH has hurt his shoulder and so couldn't manage to get up there tonight but by the number we've already found its looking hopeful - I used to shout at him for hoarding until he was made redundant and he still had his original late 80's contract of employment - never modified :) we got a settlement !!! Now I just put up with it ..........

So far I think he paid about 1500 to them.

Thanks for your help will keep you posted - did you see my other threads I think I might be asking for help to reclaim the PPI on the Barclays one.

Gettingsorted,

I do the same with holding onto things and it drives my OH up the wall.

Even if you do not find the other statements, we can work out an average monthly balance and calculate the amount due from that.

Not seen your other posts yet but I will have a look. Barclays and I are old " friends" have had 4 successful loan PPI claims from them and 2 from b'card.

Nte Nte.

DJ

• 2 months later...

OK finally had chance to go through all the statements about 10 missing; the SAR supplied all but two of those so I have managed to get a very good idea of how much we have paid; the SAR also supplied a memo of phone calls which included one where my OH asked to cancel PPI immediately and he was told to send a letter ! By my calculation if I add the interest on to this they owe us substantially over £4000 !

This is what I have written - comments please

Further to my SAR Request in of this year. I now enclose copies of the following documents:

1. Copy of Memoranda Data Screen received from yourselves.

2. Letter from myself dated from my files.

3. Copy of statement for the above account dated from my files

4. Colour Copy of Credit Agreement dated from my files.

As you can see from the Memoranda Data Screen (1) there is a note dated from a member of your staff stating that I had requested removal of the payment protection as I had not requested it, the staff member notes that he asked for a letter confirming cancellation; despite the name of the staff member being blacked out I know that he was called as you can see from the enclosed copy letter (2) which I wrote to him on cancelling the insurance and also enclosing three cheques which were sent to me in error. You can see from the copy statement dated the letter was received by your office as the cheques were credited to my account on the

As regards the Payment Protection I am now claiming the following sums:

1. Total Payment Protection paid over the life of the loan £

2. Interest @ 25.9% charged on the monthly amounts of Payment Protection £

3. Interest @ 8% on the sums owed since repayment of the loan in £

4. Total Amount Claimed £

I look forward to receiving a remittance from yourselves within 14 days.

Please now look at the Colour Copy of the Credit Agreement dated ; this agreement appears to have been completed in the 3 colours of pen – I signed in black on the . My name and address and some of the interest rates have been completed in a pale blue but the account number, credit limit, other interest rates, the date of the notification of the monthly balance, Credit Protection Insurance crosses and the signature on the . It is my contention that account number, credit limit, etc were completed subsequent to my signing and returning the Credit Agreement which I believe invalidates the Agreement.

Thanks for reading my essay !!:-)

on a purely selfish side

if you have anything more interms of the paperwork [not statement]

on the personal loan plus stuff from HFC

i would be very interested in a scan of them.

sev £1000's riding on getting a certain doc that i bet you now have.

dx

siteteam

and they

Looks good gettingsorted.

You know you can also add 8% on monthly premiums from the date of each repayment, to the date HFC settle your claim. As you cannot know that date at the moment, I would use todays date for now.

Get you claim in and remember they are allowed 8 weeks to reply with a final decision.

Good luck

DJ