Extortionate price Loo, no good to me !

Greenbear

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am having a small extension built to the side of my house. A utility and bathroom. I found, what I thought, was the ideal loo. ( a Zone Artist ) The cistern and toilet is designed as a one piece unit. It looks good, and, apparently, is easier to keep clean, than a standard design, as there is no gap underneath the cistern to worry about.

Problem is, now the plumber has arrived and had a look at the loo, he says that , due to its design, it will stick out from the wall at least four to five inches more, than a standard loo of the same size, due to the lay out of some pipe which needs to be attached for this new design.

The bathroom that the loo was purchased for, is already cramped, and there is no-way it will fit, with room to walk round.( between it, and the bath ) The company, "Bathroom Evolution" refuse to take the toilet back ( it is still boxed, in its original packaging ) because it was sent out a month and a half ago. However, it is not my fault that the extension is taking such a long time to build, and the plumbing side of things has only just got underway.

The on-line info on this toilet, ~ Did Not reveal, that this design of loo takes up a lot more room, ( depth wise, jutting out from wall ) than a regular design.

This loo was extortionate in price, it cost over £250, ( including delivery ) and it is absolutely useless for my bathroom. :mad:

Is there any way, I have the right to my money back, under the sale of goods act, or whatever ? It is unused, boxed as sent, and unfit for use, in the location intended. I would be most greatful for any advice, ASAP, on the dilemma, please ! :(

Edited by Greenbear

Gadgetgirl, Many thanks for responding so quickly to my problem.

Please find link to the offending loo, below :

Zone Artist one piece toilet with slow closing seat, a lovely minimalist design bowl to smarten up your bathroom

Though the measurements are given, there is no mention of the difference in fitting, nor the room lost due to this, in their advertisement.

The Depth is 700 mm. Yet a depth of 700 mm on a standard loo, takes up no more room when placed against the wall, however, the Zone Artist, needs to have a pipe inserted at the back which pushes it forward a further four to five inches. They did not declare this, however, on the website.

Those precious few inches lost spell disaster in an already cramped space between loo, and the bath opposite.

They've tried to cover themselves, in their terms and conditions, '1. Description'. I think their being unreasonable, but thats my view.

Give Consumer Direct a ring Consumer Direct

I think you have a good case here, as the image clearly shows it pushed directly against the wall, so if that's not physically possible, then they should have stated this in the blurb, as toilets are designed to fit against the wall!!

Definitely give consumer direct a call, and your next step would be a strongly worded letter to the people you bought it from saying it's not fit for purpose due to being wrongly described.

I'd say their T&C is utter rubbish, as sticking out 4 to 5 inches is far from standard, therefore should definitely be mentioned!