Student Loan Pre 1998

thewitch

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had two Student Loans taken out 1996/1997

I was interviewed by a Student Loans Officer-Told By Uni that they were from Student Loan Company.

They said that they were telling me the terms and conditions of the loan.

They told me about deferment of loan and they told me that if I had not repayed when reaching 50 that it would be cancelled.They had my details including my birth date.

As I never earned enough to repay I filled out the deferment forms each year.

When I got to 50 and just past they sent me another one so I sent it back explaining that they should now have cancelled the loan.There was some to and fro of post, they phoned me and I explained-they the sent me a letter saying that as I was over 40 when taking out the loan-I would have to keep deferring til aged 60 or make repayments.

I have argued this with them and they produced a copy of the aggreement with terms and conditions on the back in minute writing that says this.

I stated again what their advisor stated and said if what they say is true then this is a case of misrepresentation.They refuse to agree and have now handed it to Link/Thesis who are even more abusive than Student Loans Company.I have been told 1.That the Student Loans Advisor was not employed by them.2.That I should not have taken any notice of that advice and should have known that it was incorrect.3.That even though I do not earn enough to pay it back I must.4.They have basically insinuated that I am telling lies.

I still do not earn enough to make payments back and never have done.

I am very concerned as it is now becoming very upsetting and as carer for my 16 year old ADHD daughter -I need my wits about me and this is making me very depressed.

I have not acknowledged that I have a student loan since being 50-I am now 57 but they are insisting I have so they refuse to accept it is statute barred.

Any advice or pointers would be welcome.

Hello and Welcome,

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

AS I see it, this loan was taken out before September 1998 and is an old style student loan covered by the CCA 1974 and also the Limitations Act 1980.

I would tell em to sling their hook or take you to court where you will fully defend as this debt is Statute Barred

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

AS I see it, this loan was taken out before September 1998 and is an old style student loan covered by the CCA 1974 and also the Limitations Act 1980.

I would tell em to sling their hook or take you to court where you will fully defend as this debt is Statute Barred

Thats what I was thinking but it is great to hear that from someone else.Cheers for that.

I would still wait for others to confirm what I am saying.

It will be down to SLC to prove you didn't defer again since you turned 50