Jump to content

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3719 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

hi all I had a credit card some years ago with barclaycard withwhich i ran up a dept of six grand ish. I the ran out of work and couldnt pay them any more I tried to claim on the insurance but they said that because i self employed i wasnt covered. A few years later they had sold the account on and that company were trying to take me to court to get a charge on my house. So i hit them with i am disputing the account because of charges etc etc, well believe it or not they dropped everything and went away. my question is even though i still owe them money can i still get back myy ppi costs which approx £35 a month? nay advice greatly appreciated

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Sharpgun,


The short answer to your question is " yes you can"


However your claim will no longer be against barclaycard, but the other company who bought the debt.


First starting point is to gather all the information you can about this debt, including monthly charges, repayments, ppi charges etc.....


Do you still have your credit card statements going back to when the card was opened??? If not you will have to submit a Subject Access Request (SAR) to barclaycard requesting they send you all information they hold on you as a data subject, including card statements, credit agreements etc...


You send the letter along with a postal order for £10 to the Data Protection Officer at Barclays head office in London. This is a legal requirement on them and they cannot refuse to send you the information and they must supply it within 40 calendar of you sending the request. One other very important thing is that you send the request by recorded or special delivery for proof of delivery.


Once you have all the data, come back on the forum and we will do our best to help.


In the meantime there is lots of information on the forum about others who have been in the same position as you. Have a read around, particularly in the sticky at the top of the page entitled " notes for new claimants"


Best wishes



Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...