HFO Services advice please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All.

I am hoping you lovely lot can help me with this one. Its on behalf of my husband. I have just read a rather long, but interesting thread on HFO and seem to get the impression that these are a bunch of ruthless cowboys??

Anyway i shall start at the beginning as it where........

Last week recieved a few phone calls from a 0203 number and also a mobile number. Asking for my DH - advised that he was at work. Was asked if i was his partner and when i confirmed that i was his wife, they asked for my details???!!! Just said you can call me Mrs mccarthybaby lol.

Anyway received this huge letter dated 14th July. Regarding a debt from barclaycard for £6361. Amount has to be paid in 3 days, in full. After 3 days account will move to solicitors desk for legal action resulting in total balance, court fees and costs.

That DH dossier indicates that he can make contributions towards this debt, that once HFO obtains judgement they will seek to enforce it by way of a warrent of execution. Bailiffs will visit you at .....our home address......(currently registered in the name of) They will seize assets to be sold to pay the debt. Or HFO may also instruct solicitors to secure an order to obtain information against him, which may mean that he will have to produce finacial documents.

Hfo would wish to avoid such an outcome which makes paying off this debt a far more expensive option. Please contact HFo for an amicable resolution.

This was just a condensed version and i have included the bits which i thought were important.

With this letter they have included a print out of DH credit check which lists other debts and previous address on it, although our current address is not on there and another address is wrong???

A leaflet from HMCS entitled I can not pay my judgment - what do i do?

a Photo of our home, which we think is taken from google earth.

They havent included any employemnt details for DH, which i am surprised at as he has been at the same place for 8 years so if they no all this why dont they know that? although they have spelt employment wrong on this letter.

Secondly in the letter they have said that the address that he lives at now is registered in his name. Which it isnt this is my home from before i even knew DH. So the mortagage is in my name solely?

So where is the first place i should go...........

Help needed please?

Thanks

Mccarthybaby

x

you REALLY need to report these fleecers to the OFT

what they have done by inc such things a picture of your home and the leaflet is nothing short of harrassment and poss extorsion

thay are NOT allowed to do that.

they are a DCA

they are NOT BAILIFFS

they have NO LEGAL POWERS AT ALL!!

they can only send threat-o-grams

TBH: i would of though someone with 97 posts would know this...

anyhow

can you tell us a bit of history about this alledged debt and when his last finanacial In/out was if it was his..

this is despicable behaviour.

DO NOT

in any way shape or form contact these people or talk on the phone again

till we have the info.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

Thanks for replies. I knew about the CCA to HFO and SAR to OC. But it was more the picture and contents of letter that threw me TBH. Have seen from other HFo threads about complaining as threatening but these seems slightly older letters and thought my wording had been changed ever so slightly?

I was personally worried about the mention of a charging order being placed on the property. Which is in my sole name and DH has nothing as such to do with it on paper. Or does that change because we are married? Only been married 4 weeks lol.

But DH will be on the phone to FSO first thing in morning.

As for further details on debt. DH had the bury head in sand approach to his debts and when he moved in with me march 09 i started going through his debts from letters that he had. But dont appear to have anything other than some old statements from barclaycard. So have no notice of assignment or anything relating to HFO being sold this debt. Presume that this would of been sent to previous address as DH didnt change address with Barclaycard.

The debts admittly took a back burner as we had a baby and also got married so was too much to deal with all at once. However i have been saying that i really need to get this sorted and then HFO arrived in our lives.

So i will do the CCA to HFO tomorrow and also the SAR to barclaycard tomorrow too.

Will post up about FSO complaint and will follow through.

Thanks for advice

Mcc

Please see my thread ''Have HFO Srevices sent you your credit report or any other info?

I have written to these idiots with a formal complaint, CCA and DPA requests. I have also complained to Equifax.

I have to wait for replies before I can take the matter further with official bodies like ICO.

They sent a photo of a house which is not mine and bears no relationship to anything in my postcode.I can't find where it came from but don't think it is Google.

I was also called on 1st July from an 020 number by some women called Vinni. I initially thought she was selling something and hung up

She then kept phoning and left a message on my phone about 'excalating a legal matter'. I phoned back and she regonised my number, kept calling me by my first name and said she had 'information about me'. I don't know how she got my number and she never confirmed my id. I told her not to ring again. I then received this file of information which had been printed on the same afternoon.

I will update my tread when I can add some more info

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

why do you have toi 'wait' to do anything

copy all the bumph and post it off to ICO tomorrow

load of rollocks.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Am sending everything to the OFT - suggest that Mccarthybaby does the same as these people seem that have broken every rule about accessing data and 'sharing' it!

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

I reported HFO to OFT, they will take it seriously and if it was within a certain timescale, they'll even take a witness statement from you. Apparently, HFO and most other debt agencies have to have a consumer credit licence to carry out business. HFO has one and its the OFT who decide if a company is fit to be awarded / keep their licence. Anyway, they sent me their guidlines for awarding licences, so if you feel that HFO or any other debt collection company for that matter has broken the rules, please report them to OFT. Hopefully we can beat a few of these bullies and restore the balance of power! ;)www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

Edited by Slinky Malinky

Dont forget to report HFO to Trading Standards via Consumer Direct, they can add the complaints to others and see the extent to which this company goes to get money from people who possibly dont even owe anything.

• 1 month later...