joe1969

Is this A&L default lawful

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3671 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

They have since shut this account , and as my current account is linked , they shut that as well.

CCF14032010_00003.gif

well short on dates, ie s/b 14 clear days! :)

Edited by Ford
typo

IMO

:-):rant:

They've only allowed you 9 days to remedy and haven't included postal service. :rolleyes:

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hold on to that information for the moment, it could come in very handy in the future.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Letter dtd 21st January 2010, (Thursday) possibly 2nd class i.e. 4 days posting time say Tuesday 26th January, allowing you 3 working days to remedy. Clever are they not???? info as per Practice Direction regarding postal times and working days as per J R BICKFORD SMITH Senior Master Queens Bench Division.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

It looks as if they've used an old template from when the remedy period was 7 days. ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hi , thanks for your answers.

Hold on to that information for the moment, it could come in very handy in the future.

In what way could it be handy?

In that if they now terminate the account it will be an ulawfull rescision ( why is my spell checker not working??) you will only be liabel for the arrears, is that amount they have stated the arrears? Or is that the full amount of the debt? Seems awfully high!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi , that is the full amount of the debt.

Well, wait until they terminate the account, accept their unlwaful rescision, and you are only legally obliged to pay them the arrears.

The DN is inherently faulty, keep a copy of it...safe!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

..........Seems awfully high!

its for a current account o/d?

IMO

Hmm, missed that point.......damn beer! Cheers Ford....

Did'nt realise it was for an OD..

It wasn't for an overdraft.

It was a flexiplan account with a £3000 limit.

I could transfer upto this amount into my current account and it was paid back by standing order at £100 a month.

In that case then my previous post still stands, wait until the terminate the account, or pass it to a DCA who requests the 'Full' balance then they will have terminated the account, and unlawfully rescinded the account, and you will only be liable for the arrears.

It wasn't for an overdraft.

It was a flexiplan account with a £3000 limit.

I could transfer upto this amount into my current account and it was paid back by standing order at £100 a month.

oh ok. some form of loan account? so they're demanding the full 'outstanding' amount of the account, as well as your current account? but why does the dn state for eg repaying the 'overdraft' on the flex account?

IMO

ok, so are they treating the £3067 as an 'overdraft'? which is the full amount outstanding on the flex ac that they are now demanding? so, there's no 'arrears' as such?

Edited by Ford
typo

IMO

While repudiatory breach for an invalid DN is significant in relieving you of the obligation to pay sums not yet due, that is of little value in a debt where the whole balance is due.

However, without issuing a valid DN, they don't have right of action, so keep it under your hat and hit them with it if they issue a claim.....:)

PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX

Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:

All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

Please click the *star* of any CAG member who has helped you .