Airport Rip-offs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wondering if anyone has any horror stories regarding buying food and drinks at airports all over the world .

We recently returned from a fantastic holiday in Turkey . ( Thanks to CAG and my PPI win over HBOS ) hee hee

We had been warned that the airport prices at Dalaman were extortionate so we had bought food for the plane but not drinks due to the security threat , we paid £10 for four bottles of water ( 500ml ) :eek: .

There was macdonalds , £11 for a basic meal ....KFC , £8 for three pieces of chicken and a pizza hut i didnt even bother to look at the price list .

The funny thing was that they were not busy at all lol although the airport was .

I just think it is ridiculous that a companies can charge so much for food or drink , epecially drink as governments have barred us from taking liquids into airport buildings they should make sure that the prices are in line with the outside .

Has anyone got similiar stories with regards to inflated prices at airports .

regards

rs

Edited by royalscot

It's not just airports. I want to Pleasure Island in Cleethorpes, paid almost £70 for the family of 5 to get in... then a burger and chips, with a small drink cost almost £6 per person, and the burger was not even high quality meat (at a guess, 40% pork, 40% chicken and 20% onion... worked in a butchers so I'm quite good on burger and sausage ingredients!)

I think if companies have a captive audience they'll charge the earth!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Well, if you thought you were overcharged in Dalaman, just stay well clear of Incheon, that is Korea.

Oh my god, that is the most expensive airport in the world.

And I have covered far too many airports in my days.

'bird